I have a 2019 Raptor. Is this normal??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jvo5319

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Ive been driving my 19 for 5 weeks now. On cold start my truck turns on fine. Every now and then, when I try to turn on the truck after the cold start, the truck will stutter turning on. Its like a split second hesitation with my foot on the break pedal. Is that normal behavior ? I traded my 18 raptor for a 19 and that never happen to me before. Its hard to replicate so i figured it'll be a waste of time going to the service department. I wonder if its a bad battery or I need to change out the factory oil to full synthetic. Any advice would be appreciated!

Last edited:

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
are you on the gas when you press the start button (turn the key).

if yes.....DONT DO THAT..... the computer is getting input to add fuel / rpms at the same time it is trying to do the start procedure and is trying to decide what to do.

if no......on cold start.....a slight hiccup is not out of the question with the 1st application of throttle.

OP
OP
jvo5319

jvo5319

Reaction score
i meant my break pedal. i had to edit the post sorry. it usually happens during the day after the car is warm. feels like its stuttering then it starts fine after. the break pedal has movement on its own along with the stuttering.

Cashman

Reaction score
I feel like mine does this when I start it too. But its done it since I picked it up. I also only have time to drive it on sundays right now so that could be some of it and I don't know what quality gas the dealer put in either. Haven't been through a tank yet

OP
OP
jvo5319

jvo5319

Reaction score
I been through 2 full tanks of shell v power so it’s def not the gas.

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm... I can’t say that i have felt a stutter, but the cold start and certainly the warm start do no not inspire confidence. What I mean by that is... the engine doesn’t “fire up” with authority. It just sort of starts unemphatically.

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post a video? Perhaps from the engine bay with a helper holding the camera while you do your 'usual' start-up routine. Would be helpful so we can see first-hand what you're referring to. I can say I haven't had any start-up issues at all, let alone an 'un-enthusiastic' start up. Usually fires up right away with gusto. The break pedal movement may be the system not getting full vacuum for a few seconds if the RPM's start low then ramp up at warm-start.

OP
OP
jvo5319

jvo5319

Reaction score
Can you post a video? Perhaps from the engine bay with a helper holding the camera while you do your 'usual' start-up routine. Would be helpful so we can see first-hand what you're referring to. I can say I haven't had any start-up issues at all, let alone an 'un-enthusiastic' start up. Usually fires up right away with gusto. The break pedal movement may be the system not getting full vacuum for a few seconds if the RPM's start low then ramp up at warm-start.
I’ll try my best to get video. It’s pretty tough to catch bc I never know when it’s going to stutter on start up. I’ll probably try to drop by advanced auto parts to get a free battery check sometime this weekend