I finally got stuck off-roading...bad...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, here I am in a new spot that is called "The Swamp". No worries, I reckon, since there hasn't been rain in a long time. I was back there a few days ago and it was dry as a bone. I was alone, so I didn't push it too much.

Well, I decided to go a bit further back now that I had my buddy Dan in his 2011 Crew Cab Raptor. He is a street queen, so we parked his and hit the trail. My Japanese female friend is also with us, Alicia.

I was chillin', just driving in 2WD, Off-Road Mode with Trac Control disabled, locker unlocked.

Made it through everything. Mud holes. Deep soft sand. Hard packed sand. Some rocks. Some red clay. Dirt. Everything.

He is a new owner, so I stopped and would dig a hole with the locker and then show him the three trac modes, then 4WD, etc.

Anyway... I get to this dried up looking mud hole. There is a way around it and I stop at the fork. I joke with him and ask, "What way should we go?" He says "left" and around the mud. I hit it and go right, directly into and through the hole.

Nope.

I got sucked into that mother ****** like the truck weighed 6,000 pounds and had a 4-cylinder with tires filled with concrete. I initially stopped and went directly into 4-HI and locked the rear axle. I rocked the Raptor back and forth a bit, but could definitely feel myself getting deeper and deeper.

I stopped and went into 4-LOW and tried to get a bite with the front tires, turning back and forth, trying to grab whatever I could to try and pull myself out. Reverse almost worked but then I slid back into the damn rut.

So, Dan and I get out and look at the situation...

S T U C K.....L I K E.....C H U C K -- H I G H C E N T E R E D.....

Well, I let the truck get it's brains back together after pounding it for a minute trying to get out, shut her down and we're about to go get the street queen crew cab to get me out, when we hear something...

It's a few "YeeHaw"s!!! and a few "wooooo!!!" and a roar of what appeared to be a 350 chevy wide open.

Yep, back woods rednecks. Great. A stuck-ass $50k truck, a pretty Japanese girl, two dudes and some rednecks that probably have guns. Shit.

Come to find out, these guys were pretty ******* awesome and helped me out. [shame] I got pulled out by a 1990's Chevy pickup with broken 4x4 and bald tires. [/shame]

Took a few tugs, a few broken ropes/straps and some full throttle reverse in 4-HI; but we finally got her out.

We thanked the rednecks for coming to the rescue, shook their hands and they took off in the same "yeehaw" style they came in on.

End result:

Nothing broke, drives fine, goes like hell, sounds great and looks good. I hit the automatic car wash, got it kinda somewhat cleaned up and all's great! Time for a detail job this weekend! Birdy, volunteer?!

Damn I love this truck!

5738731229_ff31d49b2c_b.jpg

5739281386_fa25f3d102_b.jpg

5738730705_0330873e61_b.jpg

5738730339_aeb47c6b4c_b.jpg

5738732101_d9d195e42b_b.jpg

5738732535_c8cfef7900_b.jpg

5738733415_1d2c9b5a26_b.jpg

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Atta boy Swoop! Nice write up.
I can imagine the fun you had burying it!

You're gonna find though, it takes a lot longer to get the underside clean than the outside...

SoSmoked

changes his exhaust setup more than his underwear
Reaction score
Hahahahahahah

Isn't it such a learning experience

I think others need to top it and we'll make a contest outta it!!!

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Hahahaa..Nice swoop.
I think my next mod might be a *****, seems like everyone's getting stuck lately and I don't want to be that guy.:waytogo:

SERG09

Hi Ho Silver
Reaction score
Great write up!! :waytogo: With the weight of these monsters a winch is almost a must I guess if your gonna go it alone. This site sure can spend a lot of my money!! Lol

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Great write up!! :waytogo: With the weight of these monsters a winch is almost a must I guess if your gonna go it alone. This site sure can spend a lot of my money!! Lol

Amen to that. You m-f'ers are ruining my bank account.