I finally got a Gen 3, but I might not keep it for long.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 3]..... Key word... Raptor (SPECIFIC) Discussion. It doesn't say "General Questions". Discuss away, OP!

Fixed it for you. So again, what the hell's the point here? Does he need help figuring out what pair of socks to wear?

quadmaster922

Reaction score
Back in February, I placed an order for a 2022 raptor at MSRP, but after a month of waiting for my raptor, the dealership called me saying they were out of allocations and had to cancel my order. After not being able to find another dealership willing to sell me a raptor allocation at MSRP, I placed an order for a TRX for 10k off sticker. However, on May 30th, I received a call from the dealership where I had placed my original raptor order. They said someone backed out of their order that was identical to mine and wanted to know if I was interested. I immediately said yes and told them I would be there the following day. I arrived at the dealership and signed all the paperwork. I was even able to get a $1000.00 off MSRP because the individual who originally had the order said I could use his deposit. I immediately fell in love with the truck while I was driving it home. A raptor had always been my dream truck ever since I saw the first-gen raptor ten years ago. The following day on June 1st, I received a call from the dealership where I placed my trx order. They said my trx order had shipped and to expect it to arrive before June 20th. After having my raptor for a week, I don't think I can give it up. Even though the ram dealership offered me 7k over what I paid for my raptor, I don't think I can part ways with it. I have about two weeks to decide what I'm going to do. Who would’ve thought buying a truck could be this difficult.
Keep the Raptor

Fat_Kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fixed it for you. So again, what the hell's the point here? Does he need help figuring out what pair of socks to wear?
*Clears throat* And I quote... "Back in February, I placed an order for a 2022 raptor at MSRP,...", "I placed an order for a 2022 RAPTOR..." ;)The man is here to ask the advice of his piers about a Raptor. Its almost as if it's a general discussion regarding a Raptor. Interesting.

Reaction score
I couldn't get a '22 Raptor and "settled" for a Gen 2 2020. It's FBA...I'd keep the Raptor. Also, yes #firstworldproblems...shiiiiiiiiiittttt

desertfox73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't the obvious answer to take delivery of the TRX, drive them both for a few weeks, then decide which one to sell? Both should sell over what you paid, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. I don't see how you could go wrong here.

bruin1md

Reaction score
I have a similar situation. The local Ram dealer has two TRX's for sale. The Raptor I ordered November 1st has finally been shipped. They'd love to take it on trade. However, I just decided that I'll stick with the Raptor. The resale value of the Raptor is historically good. The TRX values (while good) concern me that they perhaps may not hold up so well when all the craziness with the chips and high demand ends. I suspect that we'll see that happen soon.
Fuel economy also played into my decision. "IF" gas hits $10 or more a gallon the TRX will be seeing some big discounts on pricing.

I lived in Washington D.C. during the gas shortages in 1973-4 (I was a teen) and remember thinking of buying a 1969 Boss 429 Mustang in mint condition that was sitting on a used car lot. (my Dad said not no, HELL NO!) The price was $2400. The salesman was having trouble getting rid of it and was ready to deal. Back then gas prices were rising much like they are today and Boss 429's, while rare, got terrible gas mileage and were cheap. This sort of thing was a common occurrence back then. I'm wondering if the TRX and others may be the next victim of the gas price mess. (the Global Warming "Theory") I don't think the TRX will ever be worth the kind of money that the Boss is today (~$250,000) as it was a limited production car with only a few thousand built over two years.
Once the chip shortages correct (or somewhat correct)-- if gas prices are also still super high-- TRX demand will go WAAAAY down. By summer of next year, I truly believe TRX's will be discounted across the board.