I do not "feel" the speed in my Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So after doing numerous upgrades to brakes, suspension, 20-inch rims and installing COBB Stage2 components (including GooseTuned's tuning), I decided to take my car to amusement park in NJ.

Once on the turnpike, I start following another car and this is where it gets interesting.
After about 5-6 minutes of following, I looked at my speedometer and realized that I was driving at 120-125 miles per hour.

For me, I felt like I was doing 60-70 miles per hour. So I asked my wife to launch waze app on her phone and verify my speed to make sure that my speedometer is not broken. Waze showed only 1-2 mile/hour difference.

Does anyone else have similar experience, where you do not feel any speed in Raptor?

When I try to drive 120-125 in my dodge charger RT, the whole car is shaking and you can feel that you driving fast. No in my Raptor.

Well....you’re comparing a purpose built full size pickup (the best selling purpose built full size pickup) w/ a nasty offroad suspension to...ahhhhh....a dodge...so.....

also- driving your raptor that fast on any public road for any period of time is FAR more ignorant & in violation of putting others in harms way than the snowflakes yappin bout face masks. This thing is not meant to be driven that kinda speed on the street- you ain’t “stopping or turning or swerving” if shit goes south at the speed- nope, you’ll be hurtling crushing & killing whatever’s in your path

Leave that for the dodge (Jesus)

BC119

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This isn't the '80s anymore guys. Honda accords can cruise at 135 relatively comfortably these days. A full size truck will feel fine up to about 120. If you don't think so, you don't have enough time behind the wheel. Is it as planted as a new S4, no. Will it handle an open highway better than most econoboxes, yes.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This isn't the '80s anymore guys. Honda accords can cruise at 135 relatively comfortably these days. A full size truck will feel fine up to about 120. If you don't think so, you don't have enough time behind the wheel. Is it as planted as a new S4, no. Will it handle an open highway better than most econoboxes, yes.
This isn’t an average full size truck suspension professor.