I apologize to all the i70 drivers I offended bombing across Missouri yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a soccer tournament in Overland Park Kansas this weekend, and we finished our last game at 5:00pm Sunday.

I did not want to get home at 10pm, so we headed out. Don't think I ever dropped below 93 for very long. Passed a few Raptors even, and one guy pulling a nice trailer.

My daughter at one point asked "how fast is your truck" to witch I replied "only 100, or my tires will blow up" ..."but we can get to 100 very quickly"

I don't care if you are doing 80 or 90....if someone is on your ass wanting to go faster...get out of the left lane. Making people pass you on the right is where dangers happen.

Yeah, I know the speed limit is 70, and anything past 85 is really not needed.

Did 265 miles in just over 3 hours.

Hopefully you remembered to stop at the state line and wipe that nasty kansas dirt off your shoes before setting foot back on the sacred soil of Missouri!!

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully you remembered to stop at the state line and wipe that nasty kansas dirt off your shoes before setting foot back on the sacred soil of Missouri!!
Hear hear!!!

You know the best part about being in the middle of Kansas?

No matter which way you go, you’re leaving.

Killjoy

Reaction score
We live in at I-435
Had a soccer tournament in Overland Park Kansas this weekend, and we finished our last game at 5:00pm Sunday.

I did not want to get home at 10pm, so we headed out. Don't think I ever dropped below 93 for very long. Passed a few Raptors even, and one guy pulling a nice trailer.

My daughter at one point asked "how fast is your truck" to witch I replied "only 100, or my tires will blow up" ..."but we can get to 100 very quickly"

I don't care if you are doing 80 or 90....if someone is on your ass wanting to go faster...get out of the left lane. Making people pass you on the right is where dangers happen.

Yeah, I know the speed limit is 70, and anything past 85 is really not needed.

Did 265 miles in just over 3 hours.

We live in at I-435 & State Line and generally speaking you cannot get people to move out of the left lane. So I will just agree with your comments! It's unbearable at times.

Tomhorn

Reaction score
It doesnt matter what state your in anymore most drivers dont have a clue and throw in the untrained lowpaid truck drivers that think they’re in a Ferrari people dont get the passing lane its like everything else nowadays people are ignorant lazy and dont give a shit about anything but their own little world. Doing 90 in a rap is like doing 50 in a regular auto very deceiving if you pay attention like goblue its not a problem but shit happens fast at 90 and faster at night its a great safe truck. Hell that truck in baja does 90 on hardpack no problem great safe vehicle

Lilla Kharn

Namaste
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesnt matter what state your in anymore most drivers dont have a clue and throw in the untrained lowpaid truck drivers that think they’re in a Ferrari people dont get the passing lane its like everything else nowadays people are ignorant lazy and dont give a shit about anything but their own little world. Doing 90 in a rap is like doing 50 in a regular auto very deceiving if you pay attention like goblue its not a problem but shit happens fast at 90 and faster at night its a great safe truck. Hell that truck in baja does 90 on hardpack no problem great safe vehicle

So I used to work a job where it was my literal job to get a shovel out and scoop people off the road after they did something bad. Then I worked on the higher side of that as a trauma emergency nurse and then a trauma ICU nurse.

There is a MAJOR difference between traveling at those speeds on a controlled racetrack and on an uncontrolled road with people who may be tired and do something stupid in front of you.

The short of it it, be predictable on the road. Traveling at extremely high rates of speed is not predictable and someone pulling out, a tire blowing (Whether yours or someone else’s) can be catastrophic not just for you but for someone else.

Yes, Baja is more predictable than the road. The average skill of driver or rider is higher there. And yes, we have flown people out with extremely major traumatic injuries after making mistakes.

You can make the argument all day long that people shouldn’t be driving in the left hand lane. But as was said earlier, it takes an extremely high level of entitlement to think that driving at those rates of speed on a public road around other people who are both not anticipating your high rate of speed and are not trained or practiced in dealing with what can go wrong is safe.

Going fast isn’t the problem. Stopping is. I’m not here to criticize OP for going fast. I’m pointing out that this truck is capable of possibly keeping you alive but it will absolutely demolish somebody else. Want to know what’s worse than dying in a car accident? Locked in syndrome. Being fed through a hole in your stomach the rest of your life and breathing through a hole in your neck on a ventilator forever. Because even if the truck will keep that from happening to you, it can and has absolutely done it to someone else. The road is not a racetrack.

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We live in at I-435

We live in at I-435 & State Line and generally speaking you cannot get people to move out of the left lane. So I will just agree with your comments! It's unbearable at times.
So you are out there in Overland Park, did you hear a sonic boom Sunday night when @goblues38 drove through?