I apologize to all the i70 drivers I offended bombing across Missouri yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Watch some autobahn videos to learn how it works.

So, there’s this American ideal of the a-bahn, and there’s reality. Reality is that there are a-bahn left lane homers too. I’ve been there, driven multiple sections of it and yes, you can go really, really, really fast some times in some places and I will concede that on the unrestricted sections, cell yakkers are rare but they happen and the “highly trained German drivers” seem to be just as capable at being inconsiderate and inattentive as Americans.

The rules of the road are not that hard to understand!!!!!

Apparently they are.

I ride motorcycles quite a bit (attgatt)

+1

we call people driving cars/trucks ‘cagers’ which is a reference to the fact they drive around surrounded by a protective ‘cage’.

You forgot to mention the acronym “BDC” for brain dead cager; a special breed of knucklehead with no business piloting motorized equipment or vehicles.

******* Prius and honda CRVs
The ******* Prius people are the worst!

Can I get an AMEN, my Raptor Brothers and Sisters?

Don’t get me started on the hypermiling, HOV lane abusing, non speed limit going Priussies who think it’s somehow cool to drive in formation at exactly 54mph...

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We’re not arguing in a court of law in case you haven’t noticed.

I didn't bring up the legal argument, I was responding to it.

Every state has a sign “slower traffic keep to right” it doesn’t specify what speed just don’t hold up faster traffic.

Be considerate enough to move the F over ASAP when someone comes up on your ass in the left lane. I’d do that for you, it’s not much to ask the same in return.

Did you even read the post you were responding to?

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You think the bitching about traffic here is noteworthy you’ll quickly realize how coddled we are in these badass trucks vs a motorcyclist. Try being ‘invisible’ while on a two way road. Man oh man.

I used to ride my bicycle to my old office on the few cool days we get here. I’ve been cut off by so many people. The worst was a guy who turned right in front of me while he had two bikes strapped to the back of his SUV!

Also, the old office was on a main street and we had a window facing it. On the second story it was just perfect for seeing right into the cars. Probably 80-90% of the people were looking at their phones as they drove by. It was even worse than I had imagined.

Didn't see anything I disagreed with in that video for the most part. Thought it was somewhat humorous that he repeatedly mentioned that he was not speeding. Somewhat hard to believe that no one is speeding in Toledo. Where I'm at, most are going around 10 mph over.

Didn't watch the second as it's blocked at work.

The second was similar, just talking about it with his police office friend. Also, he calls out that he’s not speeding because he gets flack from people and doesn’t want to be lumped in with the typical YouTube speed racers.

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So... did we take this to NHTSA yet or what? :)

Yep, they’re bringing back the 55 mph speed limit and cameras everywhere with facial recognition and license reading for automatic ticket issuance. Also fines will be based on your income level. If driving a truck as cool as a Raptor it will be confiscated and offending driver issued a Prius.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, they’re bringing back the 55 mph speed limit and cameras everywhere with facial recognition and license reading for automatic ticket issuance. Also fines will be based on your income level. If driving a truck as cool as a Raptor it will be confiscated and offending driver issued a Prius.

Welp.

Welcome to China then.

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp.

Welcome to China then.

I was there just prior to COVID and precisely why I mentioned it. Good catch. Driving to hotel at 3am no one in sight and driver scared poopless and driving 35 mph when he could easily do 60 and due to cameras and fear.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was there just prior to COVID and precisely why I mentioned it. Good catch. Driving to hotel at 3am no one in sight and driver scared poopless and driving 35 mph when he could easily do 60 and due to cameras and fear.

Hey, I know communism when I see it lol.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to have a 45 mile commute largely on backroads. I drove a modded WRX wagon so I loved the challenge of leaving late and arriving early. (I was in my 20’s and dumb as hell) but I’d frequently get stuck behind my Chinese co-worker who was terrified of going more than 5 under the limit. He used to come in 10 minutes after me and yell at me for passing him on a backroad. Many times a week. To his credit I did roll that freaking car into the woods and would’ve died if I hit a tree the wrong way.