I apologize to all the i70 drivers I offended bombing across Missouri yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I used to work a job where it was my literal job to get a shovel out and scoop people off the road after they did something bad. Then I worked on the higher side of that as a trauma emergency nurse and then a trauma ICU nurse.

There is a MAJOR difference between traveling at those speeds on a controlled racetrack and on an uncontrolled road with people who may be tired and do something stupid in front of you.

The short of it it, be predictable on the road. Traveling at extremely high rates of speed is not predictable and someone pulling out, a tire blowing (Whether yours or someone else’s) can be catastrophic not just for you but for someone else.

Yes, Baja is more predictable than the road. The average skill of driver or rider is higher there. And yes, we have flown people out with extremely major traumatic injuries after making mistakes.

You can make the argument all day long that people shouldn’t be driving in the left hand lane. But as was said earlier, it takes an extremely high level of entitlement to think that driving at those rates of speed on a public road around other people who are both not anticipating your high rate of speed and are not trained or practiced in dealing with what can go wrong is safe.

Going fast isn’t the problem. Stopping is. I’m not here to criticize OP for going fast. I’m pointing out that this truck is capable of possibly keeping you alive but it will absolutely demolish somebody else. Want to know what’s worse than dying in a car accident? Locked in syndrome. Being fed through a hole in your stomach the rest of your life and breathing through a hole in your neck on a ventilator forever. Because even if the truck will keep that from happening to you, it can and has absolutely done it to someone else. The road is not a racetrack.

I can’t like this enough.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sure. You could say that, but you would be wrong.

Well I did ask for a thought provoking question/discussion, soI’ll go first I “assume” that road rage exists due to quite a few external factors but some of the major ones probably exist due to being in a hurry/running late and desire.

Being I a hurry/running late could easily be fixed by leaving earlier. I know other factors could have caused that but it isn’t the person following the speed limit that is to blame. Sure don’t camp in the left lane, we call out “Kentuckians” for that all the time, but think two lane road where someone is running legal speed or 5 over but not fast enough for hypothetical you.

The desire or want to drive fast is the harder one to rectify. If you are wanting to play around, you know wind a few gears out, then you could probably pick a better spot to do it. However, if you are just a person who has to drive fast just because, then the answer is a bit more difficult. Perhaps that would be an individual answer.

Please note, I was taught to be aware of my surroundings and others in them. I do try to not “hold up” others, but I wouldn’t hop in behind a dump truck dropping gravel to do so. I would simply speed up a few mph’s to get over in front of them and then if I need to hop back over in the left lane afterwards when clear.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And even if someone did drive speed limit in the passing lane, there are much much worse POS things to do then that.

When it comes to traffic laws (and I really mean traffic etiquette set by drivers) not moving out of the left lane immediately to let someone pass whether you’re doing 75 or 175mph is the biggest a-hole move you can pull.

Watch some autobahn videos to learn how it works.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
lol this thread.

1. I could not agree more. If you're in the left lane and there are zero people in front of you. You should have your license shredded.

And if you're crying about speeding, you speed also, so stop it.
Cheers.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Road rage is caused by people like you.

Throw your hate some where else. All I did was say you can't complain about someone illegally driving in the left lane when you are illegally going over the speed limit. That is hypocrisy. You can talk about driving etiquette or what have you all you want, and you'd be right, but not in a legal sense. And no where did I say that I'm personally camping out in the left lane driving the speed limit, because I'm not.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Throw your hate some where else. All I did was say you can't complain about someone illegally driving in the left lane when you are illegally going over the speed limit. That is hypocrisy. You can talk about driving etiquette or what have you all you want, and you'd be right, but not in a legal sense. And no where did I say that I'm personally camping out in the left lane driving the speed limit, because I'm not.

YOU may think it is unsafe or illegal, but you would be wrong. That’s why there are signs on the highways that tell you to keep right. It doesn’t matter WTF is happening in the left lane. Stay the fu*k out of it.

Your hypocrisy argument is like the leftists..., simply idiots.