I am having a few minor problems....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roscopeeco78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Ford wants to charge me 50 dollars to look up the original key pad door entry code so I can reset it.

Is there a way to do it free?

2. One of my keys no longer unlocks my truck or starts it. It isn't the battery because I have tried that.

basically both keys were washed with my laundry and one key works, but not the other.

3. I am in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan working. One day I tilted my sunroof open and left it like that. It snowed and went through some cold temps. Now that the temps have been consistently above 45 when I press the tilt button it motions a little as if it is going to close but ends up in same open position.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Ford wants to charge me 50 dollars to look up the original key pad door entry code so I can reset it.

Is there a way to do it free?

2. One of my keys no longer unlocks my truck or starts it. It isn't the battery because I have tried that.

basically both keys were washed with my laundry and one key works, but not the other.

3. I am in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan working. One day I tilted my sunroof open and left it like that. It snowed and went through some cold temps. Now that the temps have been consistently above 45 when I press the tilt button it motions a little as if it is going to close but ends up in same open position.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

This will give you the original code for the keyless entry. Worked on my 2014.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/door-keypad-code-location.11409/

There are multiple threads about sunroofs but I don’t have them handy. Google Ford Raptor forum sunroof fix. Something about replacing the three switch housing usually fixes it.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

There is also a youtube video on how to RESET that Code also....

As far as the Sunroof....mine does the same thing not matter the temp...think its owner error....not at truck right now,but think its the swich closest to driver,or the middle one....you cant hold the switch down,you need to just tap it...and or just use the switch that opens it fully,open it up,and then close it...you can do that when its just tilted up...it will shut the tilt,open up fully and then you push to close...hard to explain,but works for me....Is your Sunroof only doing this in tilt position...does it open close fully OK?? Have read alot of threads about them being very picky,and needing to be greased and a lot of guys seem to have problems with them...mine works fine,if yours opend fully fine,might need to play with the switches...one you need to hold down,one you need to just tap..forget which now...
Good luck

OP
OP
roscopeeco78

roscopeeco78

Full Access Member
Reaction score

There is also a youtube video on how to RESET that Code also....

As far as the Sunroof....mine does the same thing not matter the temp...think its owner error....not at truck right now,but think its the swich closest to driver,or the middle one....you cant hold the switch down,you need to just tap it...and or just use the switch that opens it fully,open it up,and then close it...you can do that when its just tilted up...it will shut the tilt,open up fully and then you push to close...hard to explain,but works for me....Is your Sunroof only doing this in tilt position...does it open close fully OK?? Have read alot of threads about them being very picky,and needing to be greased and a lot of guys seem to have problems with them...mine works fine,if yours opend fully fine,might need to play with the switches...one you need to hold down,one you need to just tap..forget which now...
Good luck

Thanks a lot for everyones help. As for my sunroof, I don't know if it will go all the way back because it is stuck in the up tilt position. I will play with the buttons more because I am possibly doing something wrong. If that doesn't work, I will just put a new track on it from the sunroof doctor. I think his parts might be superior.

This forum is awesome. I am thankful for all the replies.

bruiser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pretty common for the sunroof track to break can try greasing the track to see if it will free up

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my 2017 screw back from the dealer on my sunroof problem. My was stuck close and when it finally opened I heard a loud cracking noise and then it was stuck opened. The dealer has to replace the sunroof track assembly. Luckily it was under warranty or it would have cost me around $2500. According to the S.A of the dealer, it is a common problem with all glass sunroof if you don’t open it too often, the rubber seal get dirt and gums in it and it will “glue” itself to the edge of the opening. Then when you try to open the roof, the plastic tap that connects the sunroof to the track breaks.

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can get it open without breaking it, you can use some lube to lube the sunroof seal, but it has to be a special type of lube.