I’ve had it with the Ex’s Fido! (Seat Covers)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the Ex gets a rescue dog (Beagle), quite cute and the kiddos want to bring her with them on the weeks I have them. The dog took one poop too many in my Prius, I mean Raptor and have been shopping for seat covers. I see plenty of seat covers and divider barriers but not so much for door guards. Some hammock styles have door guards but most look sloppy. Any ideas are appreciated.
I have two Malinois that ride in the rear passenger compartment with the back seats up. I use the attached to protect the interior doors. They are only designed to keep the spit and claw marks off and do a fairly good job. That said, as a dog trainer and as others have written, a dog should never crap in a house or vehicle. Crate train the dog.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have two Malinois that ride in the rear passenger compartment with the back seats up. I use the attached to protect the interior doors. They are only designed to keep the spit and claw marks off and do a fairly good job. That said, as a dog trainer and as others have written, a dog should never crap in a house or vehicle. Crate train the dog.
I am working on that although my “no freaking idea of how to train a dog”, ex has a 6 month head start on me.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AND - why did you get strapped taking care of her mutt?
OR - is it Mr. Wonderful's dog?
Mr. Wonderful hates the dog and the kids don’t like how he treats it so they asked if they could keep it with them. It’s just a little love dog that is good natured and poops.

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am working on that although my “no freaking idea of how to train a dog”, ex has a 6 month head start on me.
Briefly…. Put dog inside crate only large enough for it to ly comfortably. Only take dog out of crate to pee and poop. A dog can hold its ***** one hour for every month of age. A dog normally poops 20 minutes after eating. When taken out, take to same place and when dog relives itself, in a high voice, say wiz, or poop. When dog is finished, reward. Pet dogs like food, working dogs, like to play tug. After about a month, dog will **** and poop on command. During crate training, never play with dog inside house, only play outside. Bonus, take dog outside the same route every time. In other words, the same sliding glass door. Take him to the exact same place in your backyard. That way, he will only poop in the same area. Structure is key. Same thing every time!

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look. I’ve been giving this advice for a while with no takers but you’re likely the first to really benefit, but - Do a rear seat delete!

Think of the weight savings, the extra space, the bench is the perfect addition to your living room furniture! You’ll have enough room for Fido to poop anywhere he wants and you won’t have to worry about it ruining your alcantara! To be honest I can’t believe you haven’t already done this.
Did you escape from rehab???

K9 EXPERT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you escape from rehab???
911, help me out. I do not know the difference between a hammer and a wrench. However, I am definitely interested in a rear area platform. The term rear seat delete is Greek to me. Please explain.

OP
OP
911 Crazy

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
911, help me out. I do not know the difference between a hammer and a wrench. However, I am definitely interested in a rear area platform. The term rear seat delete is Greek to me. Please explain.
Who’s on first?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter