I’m a Believer - Best $139 spent!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

salts001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After about 3k miles I checked the catch can and it was some nasty smelling stuff with some little white on the bottom

Last edited:

BADJUJU

Reaction score
I will do mine when someone scopes the valves and actually shows build up or damage.

Scope at 50k miles, no catch can.
the old catch-can theory is a myth, most of us S197 guys busted that theory. of course the catch-can will catch oil, vapor and "smelly stuff" as being reported by some users here.
a small bit of blow by or even a lot will not hurt these engines.

Miamibert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the JLT one. If it helps even a little, that is fine by me. My wife drives the Raptor and it's mostly short runs where the engine probably doesn't get up to optimal operating temperature. If the can catches some of the oil mist in the blow-by, I am happy with it. And if it doesn't, it was only $129.

Obscure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the JLT catch can for my 2019 that I recently took delivery of before I read about the fitment issues. Anyways, attempted to install it today and was able to do it without modifying the engine cover and still able to get both sides to cinch down without any issues. The pictures below show how I did it. Also, not sure what is on the passenger side that the hoses for the catch can are running on top of, but I will keep an eye on them to make sure there isn't too much heat.

IMG_20190113_141839.jpg

IMG_20190113_142211.jpg

ALE33x

Reaction score
Looks great. Have to do anything special besides wiggle things around to make them fit just right?

Obscure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. Have to do anything special besides wiggle things around to make them fit just right?

Not really, I just rotated the fitting on the right to point towards the back and the one on the left to the front as in the pictures. Once I did that, I had to try a few different hose positions to get the cover to slide into place. What worked for me was focusing first on just getting the cover to slide under the catch can and then moving it into place while making sure to position the hoses under it at the same time.