I’m a Believer - Best $139 spent!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PerfBlue19

Reaction score
Just ordered one for my 19. I’ll let you know how it goes after the install. Don’t expect it to be to difficult.

swanstreaming

Reaction score
I will do mine when someone scopes the valves and actually shows build up or damage.

Scope at 50k miles, no catch can.

If the truck is tuned, the additional boost creates more of the oil blowback, as I understand it.

For $130, it seems like good preventative medicine, and it doesn’t hurt the truck in any way.

$.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just a heads up this does not work with the 2019 without completely removing the engine cover. Im disappointed as I cut parts of my new engine cover to make this fit and it still didn’t. I feel like the cover did help with deadening sound from under the hood and would protect the electronics right ontop of the motor from Dirt mud and whatever Will be kicked up. Truck seems louder now and I loved the perfect quiet of it.

Initially, I cut the back left part of the cover as the hose was running into the back of the cover pretty hard.then the cover fit nice with the first hose plugged into the engine from the can. second I followed directions and cut underneath the cover to fit the hoses and it never lined up. Last I noticed that the new cover design screws in, and the bolt is right next to the hose which completely interferes with putting it back on. Next time I’ll know not to the the test subject on a new model year [emoji23]. Here are the pics and just a warning for all 19 owners IMG_3863.jpgIMG_3865.jpgIMG_3867.jpgIMG_3869.jpgIMG_3866.jpg

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also does anyone have a part number or any idea how much the 19 engine cover costs? Might be selling my catch can as I wanted that factory fit and finish with the cover and while adding the can under the hood

Side note , visually the 2018 looks the same as the 2019 from the top. Not sure if the 2018 screws in or looks the same from underneath... maybe I’m missing completing and did it completely wrong [emoji28]

Last edited:

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up this does not work with the 2019 without completely removing the engine cover. Im disappointed as I cut parts of my new engine cover to make this fit and it still didn’t. I feel like the cover did help with deadening sound from under the hood and would protect the electronics right ontop of the motor from Dirt mud and whatever Will be kicked up. Truck seems louder now and I loved the perfect quiet of it.

Initially, I cut the back left part of the cover as the hose was running into the back of the cover pretty hard.then the cover fit nice with the first hose plugged into the engine from the can. second I followed directions and cut underneath the cover to fit the hoses and it never lined up. Last I noticed that the new cover design screws in, and the bolt is right next to the hose which completely interferes with putting it back on. Next time I’ll know not to the the test subject on a new model year [emoji23]. ... - PICS removed

So I put this on my 2019 last weekend. I noticed the same engine cover issue you do. But I was able to get the cover to more or less go back into its original place, and secured the driver side screw and left the passenger side screw off. The engine cover is sitting about 1/2 to an inch higher than before. I have the hose from the engine side running forward and it fits under the notch part of the engine cover in front near where the screw hole is. I can almost screw down the passenger side but not quite since the hose requires additional clearance. I was thinking that a little bit of careful surgery on the engine cover would create enough clearance for the hose to exit out the front and to fasten down the engine cover. But I didn't try that. At least not yet.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I put this on my 2019 last weekend. I noticed the same engine cover issue you do. But I was able to get the cover to more or less go back into its original place, and secured the driver side screw and left the passenger side screw off. The engine cover is sitting about 1/2 to an inch higher than before. I have the hose from the engine side running forward and it fits under the notch part of the engine cover in front near where the screw hole is. I can almost screw down the passenger side but not quite since the hose requires additional clearance. I was thinking that a little bit of careful surgery on the engine cover would create enough clearance for the hose to exit out the front and to fasten down the engine cover. But I didn't try that. At least not yet.
Yeah I’m thinking of maybe completely butchering the first engine cover to test and ordering a second one to do up nicely. I believe the sound deadening of the engine cover actually does make a difference inside the cab. So I’ll try and get this one to work and see if anything can be improved. I think if the hose was able to be routed a different way that screw wouldn’t be an issue

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems to me that one could cut a trench on the front side of the engine cover for the hose to escape with minimal damage. Sort of like this

C6771042-BA8F-4EA3-83DF-753F593EBC9F.jpeg