I’m a Believer - Best $139 spent!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Obscure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the JLT catch can for my 2019 that I recently took delivery of before I read about the fitment issues. Anyways, attempted to install it today and was able to do it without modifying the engine cover and still able to get both sides to cinch down without any issues. The pictures below show how I did it. Also, not sure what is on the passenger side that the hoses for the catch can are running on top of, but I will keep an eye on them to make sure there isn't too much heat.

View attachment 117413

View attachment 117414

Here are the pics in my post on page 8. Also, with where I put the hoses and where I have the fittings positioned I didn't have to move any wiring harnesses or make any modifications.

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are the pics in my post on page 8. Also, with where I put the hoses and where I have the fittings positioned I didn't have to move any wiring harnesses or make any modifications.
Gotcha, thanks. Looks like I'm going to wrestle this thing into shape with this help.

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It keeps bad things from happening, “down there”.

Could be true, could be false.

If true at 50k miles someone will scope the valves and show some buildup.

If false at 50k miles someone will scope the valves and show a clean intake.

Waiting for the scope pictures. Its really not that hard to do.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2019 correct? I wonder what the underside of your cover looks like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the JLT catch can for my 2019 that I recently took delivery of before I read about the fitment issues. Anyways, attempted to install it today and was able to do it without modifying the engine cover and still able to get both sides to cinch down without any issues. The pictures below show how I did it. Also, not sure what is on the passenger side that the hoses for the catch can are running on top of, but I will keep an eye on them to make sure there isn't too much heat.

View attachment 117413

View attachment 117414

This morning I rerouted the hoses on my catch can similar to what Obscure did, and was able to get the engine cover mounted with both bolts screwed on. Thanks for the pics and pointers.

Obscure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This morning I rerouted the hoses on my catch can similar to what Obscure did, and was able to get the engine cover mounted with both bolts screwed on. Thanks for the pics and pointers.
Glad to hear it worked for you as well.

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mounted my catch can today. That was a tight fit but cover fits with a tiny bit of cutting the under side.

6719b6d5446c669d7f1cb84e337630c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked mine after 2000 miles just to see. Wow. 32cc0b3560b4ccc61b09c94a0e4b617e.jpgc0da2275ed81164a05f5d4de429b683c.jpg

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns