How to Make Fog Lights that are Usable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

George Pepper

Reaction score
I put the stock Rigid set on my 2018, but I couldn't use them because they were too bright. Everybody flashed me. So when I got a do-over with the 2020, I went to the San Antonio 4WP and found the guru of Raptor fog light guys. What he did was he made them amber. The wide views needed amber lenses, while the center lights required amber bulbs. Sixteen of them. The results are spectacular. The wides are still quite bright enough to see all the deer off the side of the road, but they don't annoy people.

Attachments

• IMG_1770.jpeg
    IMG_1770.jpeg
    273.4 KB · Views: 99

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks nice. I like yellow fogs, wonder if yellow does the same thing as amber in making it not so blinding to on coming traffic.
Depends on how they are aimed and whether or not they are driving lights, spot lights or fog lights. The color doesn't have anything to do with the brightness.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I put the stock Rigid set on my 2018, but I couldn't use them because they were too bright. Everybody flashed me. So when I got a do-over with the 2020, I went to the San Antonio 4WP and found the guru of Raptor fog light guys. What he did was he made them amber. The wide views needed amber lenses, while the center lights required amber bulbs. Sixteen of them. The results are spectacular. The wides are still quite bright enough to see all the deer off the side of the road, but they don't annoy people.
I think you were misinterpreting the flashing you were getting. In Texas, off road lights are ENCOURAGED apparently and if you get flashed it’s not because the other driver is annoyed, it’s that they want to see more.
Don’t you remember when you were a kid and tried to get big rig drivers to blow the horn? same deal.

When I had to get my truck inspected after moving here, the guy was like ‘why the light covers, are you from one of them thar ****** states?’

:)

I swapped a front facing combo pair to amber covers and so far I’m liking it.

COLORAP303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got the rigid and make sure the dot pair are aimed lower than the headlights or right in line at the worst. No problems yet.

OP
OP
G

George Pepper

Reaction score
Thanks guys. These are the regular Rigid lights for the second generation Raptor. The wide ones on the ends use amber lenses, and the center lights use amber bulbs. Everything is in the parts catalog at 4WP. You just have to get an employee who knows how to find everything. Not inexpensive either!