Self Levelling Head Lights Adjustment??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

121x

Reaction score
I have the 1.5" RPG front level kit and the self levelling head lamps. When I start my truck manually, I can see the head lamps go through their range of motion. However, when I remote start the truck, I cannot say that I notice this occur. I suspect it does but would like to confirm. It is not uncommon to get flashed by typically 2-3 cars at night. I almost always remote start though. It happens often enough for me to suspect something may be out of alignment.

So my questions are. Has anyone had to manually adjust their self-levelling head lights after a level? Secondly, does anyone happen to know if remote starting, for some reason does not cause the calibration routine to run?

I am trying to determine if these are just drivers (small SUV or cars) being ignorant to the fact these are just bright lights to begin with (not high beams mind you, I seldom use them) and after all, they are sitting 2 ft off the ground. OR, if it is possible that for whatever reason my lamps may need some manual adjustment, assuming it is even possible with the auto-levelling setups.

Thanks

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the 1.5" RPG front level kit and the self levelling head lamps. When I start my truck manually, I can see the head lamps go through their range of motion. However, when I remote start the truck, I cannot say that I notice this occur. I suspect it does but would like to confirm. It is not uncommon to get flashed by typically 2-3 cars at night. I almost always remote start though. It happens often enough for me to suspect something may be out of alignment.

So my questions are. Has anyone had to manually adjust their self-levelling head lights after a level? Secondly, does anyone happen to know if remote starting, for some reason does not cause the calibration routine to run?

I am trying to determine if these are just drivers (small SUV or cars) being ignorant to the fact these are just bright lights to begin with (not high beams mind you, I seldom use them) and after all, they are sitting 2 ft off the ground. OR, if it is possible that for whatever reason my lamps may need some manual adjustment, assuming it is even possible with the auto-levelling setups.

Thanks
I adjusted mine, they were pointed at the ground for some reason. It’s very easy, Phillips screwdriver from the top of the light

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
The lights are bright, not using the high beams gives the impression that your not dimming your high beams wear as when you flip them to low they know they are your low beams. It happens to me too when I don’t use them on single lane roads.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Like said above, adjust from the top with a Philips head screwdriver. The lights go through the adjustment routine once you press the start button after remote starting.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no level and I still needed to adjust mine down. They were way too high.