How to lock gen2 tailgate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well

Im almost certain it will from the unplugging and it working to the plugging it back in and not working.
I think I'd be more bummed about the $130 I spent on the sensor antenna and the mechanism that the problem getting fixed lol.

Strange, it should only unlock if the antenna detects a key fob. Have you owned it since new? If not, maybe the previous owner hid a fob somewhere near the tailgate

OP
OP
F

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strange, it should only unlock if the antenna detects a key fob. Have you owned it since new? If not, maybe the previous owner hid a fob somewhere near the tailgate
Yup first owner, the part comes in tomorrow morning. I'll be installing it and hopefully it solves the problem.
I agree it is kinda strange.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Weird. The tailgate isn’t going to unlock because there is no antennae to detect a key. So I’m not sure how that proves the antennae defective. Do you have all doors to unlock on single click or double?

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird. The tailgate isn’t going to unlock because there is no antennae to detect a key. So I’m not sure how that proves the antennae defective. Do you have all doors to unlock on single click or double?
The antenna is unplugged so it can't detect my key fob therefore it won't unlock when I press the button on the tailgate when the truck is locked. When the antenna is plugged in and I hit the lock on my key fob the tailgate won't lock. The new antenna should do the truck.

Should be single click I've never messed with any settings.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I looked a little more into out of pure distraction. Looks like the when the truck is locked the BCM won’t send The open message if the key fob isn’t detected. There is no locking per se. The actuator just won’t open. Have you done any Forscan changes in the BCM perhaps? When you disconnect the antenna, your just removing the ability to open with the proximity. Since it doesn’t unlock when disconnected it sounds like the antenna is working properly but picking up a fob. It electrical bugs can be weird. Hope you figure it out!

OP
OP
F

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked a little more into out of pure distraction. Looks like the when the truck is locked the BCM won’t send The open message if the key fob isn’t detected. There is no locking per se. The actuator just won’t open. Have you done any Forscan changes in the BCM perhaps? When you disconnect the antenna, your just removing the ability to open with the proximity. Since it doesn’t unlock when disconnected it sounds like the antenna is working properly but picking up a fob. It electrical bugs can be weird. Hope you figure it out!
What you are saying sounds logical and I'm not sure why I'm having the issue that I am.

Zero Forscan mods, wish I would have though!

Anyone in North Idaho that has the Foracan I'd like to do it haha

OP
OP
F

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to ask if there was --another-- key fob nearby.
I am an idiot. Since I have alot of my belongings for work in the bed of my truck I have two totes with clothes and other items. I just remembered their is a pouch in one of them and my spare fob is within 2' of the tailgate antenna.
So that was it, my items have been unsecured for months now, lucky as heck no one took off with any of it.
I moved the key fob to the center console and the tailgate now locks like it should.
Only cost be about $100 and my time lol.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I am an idiot. Since I have alot of my belongings for work in the bed of my truck I have two totes with clothes and other items. I just remembered their is a pouch in one of them and it's within 2' of the tailgate antenna.
So that was it, my items have been unsecured for months now, lucky as heck no one took off with any of it.
I moved the key fob to the center console and the tailgate now locks like it should.
Only cost be about $100 and my time lol.

Thanks everyone for the help.
200.gif