How to lock gen2 tailgate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am an idiot. Since I have alot of my belongings for work in the bed of my truck I have two totes with clothes and other items. I just remembered their is a pouch in one of them and my spare fob is within 2' of the tailgate antenna.
So that was it, my items have been unsecured for months now, lucky as heck no one took off with any of it.
I moved the key fob to the center console and the tailgate now locks like it should.
Only cost be about $100 and my time lol.

Thanks everyone for the help.
Well, at least you confessed.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I am an idiot. Since I have alot of my belongings for work in the bed of my truck I have two totes with clothes and other items. I just remembered their is a pouch in one of them and my spare fob is within 2' of the tailgate antenna.
So that was it, my items have been unsecured for months now, lucky as heck no one took off with any of it.
I moved the key fob to the center console and the tailgate now locks like it should.
Only cost be about $100 and my time lol.

Thanks everyone for the help.
Well, thanks for wrapping that up. lol. I probably would have just never mentioned it again! Haha. Curious why you would leave the key in the console? A guy here got his truck stolen the first day he had it because the dealer put a fob in his glove box. Someone broke in and hit the start button, to see if they got lucky. They got lucky.

OP
OP
F

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, thanks for wrapping that up. lol. I probably would have just never mentioned it again! Haha. Curious why you would leave the key in the console? A guy here got his truck stolen the first day he had it because the dealer put a fob in his glove box. Someone broke in and hit the start button, to see if they got lucky. They got lucky.
I figured it was a good idea to take my spare with me 1000 miles from home? I mean I could leave the spare fob here in Idaho? Im open to suggestions what to do with it though. If my primary fob was broken or stolen I could still drive the truck.

And damn that sucks! What a huge bummer!!!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
yeah, what @blwn said. pull the batteries and wrap them so as to prevent contact. not storing in the truck would be ideal though.