How to lock gen2 tailgate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It should lock when you lock your doors, unlock when you unlock your doors.

EDIT: I just saw in that other thread that your does not. Dealer time, it should lock/unlock along with your doors, with your fob.
I swear in the past it used to, not sure what happened.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
If your key is in your pocket, it will unlock when you hit the tailgate button. I am sure you know that though.

OP
OP
F

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No dice. If I hit the tailgate unlock then it unlocks and the tailgate drops. But when I hit the lock button either on my key fob or the door the tailgate doesn't lock.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Okay, I hit the lock button on the fob, put it on my desk and walked out to the truck and the tailgate didn't open when I hit the button on the tailgate. Sounds like you have a problem.

OP
OP
F

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I hit the lock button on the fob, put it on my desk and walked out to the truck and the tailgate didn't open when I hit the button on the tailgate. Sounds like you have a problem.
Thanks for checking that for me, guess I'll be going to the dealership tomorrow.