How to lock gen2 tailgate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
F

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well... if it never locks, how can it not unlock?
I can flip the lock on the tailgate side as if the system would be locking it. Then I can hit the key fob tailgate button and it will unlock it. When I close the tailgate and hit the lock button on my fob the doors lock. When I hit the button underneath the tailgate handle with the doors locked it unlocks. So something is amiss

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
This is apparently above my pay grade. LOL

If the fob is in my pocket, with doors locked, and I hit the tailgate button under the "handle", the tailgate drops.

When I'm in my house and I hit the lock button on the fob, leave the fob inside the house, and go to the truck and press the tailgate button, it does not drop.

OP
OP
F

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is apparently above my pay grade. LOL

If the fob is in my pocket, with doors locked, and I hit the tailgate button under the "handle", the tailgate drops.

When I'm in my house and I hit the lock button on the fob, leave the fob inside the house, and go to the truck and press the tailgate button, it does not drop.
Sounds like I have a problem because I did that and it still unlocks