How to fix??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i think warranty should cover that ,,, sorry to see that

I doubt it. The seats are a wear and tear item. Unless it shows abnormal wear, they won't cover it. Clearly, someone had something sticking out if their pant pocket to poke a hole.

fbmdkgad

Reaction score
I just did a leather repair on a sofa.
1. Viewed a bunch of youtube how to's
2. Bought some leather/fabric repair glue from Hobby Lobby < $10

There are some solutions out there with color matching, heat activated/non heat activated etc. I could not find a color matching kit and wanted to repair the sofa ASAP before the tear spread, so I went with basic leather/fabric repair glue.

What I did
1. Put some backing material under the leather. I used a cutout of an old shirt that was approx the same color as the leather.
2. Put push pin in the backing material to hold it in place while I did step #3
3. Using a toothpick put some glue on both the backing material and underside of the leather.
4. Remove push pin and put some weight such as a book on the top of the cushion to help the tear mate together as best as possible.
5. Let dry per instructions and went back and filled in where noticible with some more glue.

My quick repair doesn't blend 100%, but I'm really the only one that will know its there. So far has stood up to 2 kids, 1 dog and 2 adults putting it throught the paces.

OP
OP
Phyguy

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice everyone.

I think I'm going to take it by the dealer (knowing they won't cover it, but to find out what they would do).

In the meantime I'm going to search around for an upholstery shop.

The home-fix sounds good as a last resort.

Thanks for all the suggestions.