How to check battery level ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramrodraptor

Reaction score
HI All, i got a warning on my fordpass app that my battery is low ...
i cant figure out how to check what the current state of the battery is, and how much its charged to ?
2022 raptor 37

anyhelp would be appreciated

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, everyone may laugh at me for saying this….but you can take it to Autozone and they can test your battery, if thats good then maybe your alternator.

Or, if it’s under warranty have the dealer look at it.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, everyone may laugh at me for saying this….but you can take it to Autozone and they can test your battery, if thats good then maybe your alternator.

Or, if it’s under warranty have the dealer look at it.
It’s good advice. They do it for free, and the test equipment is actually pretty high end. I believe Advance and AutoZone use Mid-Tronics units, which is the same company that manufactures the dealer level test equipment.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
eh.... i never trust those units. i always use a load tester. you know, the ones that burn the shit out of you if you touch it

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eh.... i never trust those units. i always use a load tester. you know, the ones that burn the shit out of you if you touch it
I know to check voltage after the battery has sat for a few hours to settle. Is that also required for a load tester? Will it show a higher voltage if a battery has just come off charging?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know to check voltage after the battery has sat for a few hours to settle. Is that also required for a load tester? Will it show a higher voltage if a battery has just come off charging?
you can let it stabilize. the load tester i have puts an 80amp load on the battery so i know for sure its straining the battery and i can see the battery state afterwards. i have not had good luck with those digital battery testers, so i stick with my old tried and true method. just keep the battery disconnected when using it though.