How To: Adjust the Fox Shock Perch / Height / Level the Front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did the perch adjustment on mine & set the toe in with a toe gauge that I made. It works out to 1/2 turn on each tie rod to return to stock setting. Would be a good rule of thumb for those doing it themselves or at least till you can get to a shop.

Raptoyd11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did the perch adjustment on mine & set the toe in with a toe gauge that I made. It works out to 1/2 turn on each tie rod to return to stock setting. Would be a good rule of thumb for those doing it themselves or at least till you can get to a shop.

What did you make a toe gauge out of?

DynoDynge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you make a toe gauge out of?

1" square tubing with a 90 degree welded on one end & another 90 degree that I clamp on the other.
I built it several years ago for my sand drag Jeep & found it to be very accurate for setting neutral toe.

offroadshadow

Reaction score
Some great write-ups. I think I'll try it this weekend. Anyone know torque specs to retighten the bolts/nuts on the various suspension parts? Anyone who has tried it at home have any additional pointers?

Last edited:

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
offroadshadow said:
Some great write-ups. I think I'll try it this weekend. Anyone know torque specs to retighten the bolts/nuts on the various suspension parts? Anyone who has tried it at home have any additional pointers?

+1 I can use the torque specs as well if anybody has them.

Sent from somewhere on my DROIDX using Forum Runner

wac45

Reaction score
Had my truck raised to the middle perch today.

I love the look of the truck now. Sits nice and level!

$200 after tax including the alignment! I think that's a steal and I didn't have to mess with it!

Whats your opinion on how much stiffer the truck rides on the roads? I plan to do this to mine when it gets here so just curious.