How To: Adjust the Fox Shock Perch / Height / Level the Front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, got your PM. Would rather own a decent compressor like this to do my own work than pay a shop. Going to need an alignment afterwards anyway so should probably get a nice set of the RPG tie rods and put those on at the same time before alignment

So the alignment monkey can beat the hell out of them?

-Greg

mictouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, got your PM. Would rather own a decent compressor like this to do my own work than pay a shop. Going to need an alignment afterwards anyway so should probably get a nice set of the RPG tie rods and put those on at the same time before alignment. Awesome write up on the Fox shock re-valving, how much would you say that actually stops the rear wheel hop, some or quite a bit?

Do you mean rear wheel hop from burn-outs or jumping and the rebound is what you mean? We have added a lot more compression and rebound valving along with welding up and re-sizing the bleed holes. We are also now adding another bleed hole and testing it as a 4 way bypass shock. We have a lot more testing to do. We are hopefully heading back out to the desert this week or possibly this weekend.

Raptoyd11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you mean rear wheel hop from burn-outs or jumping and the rebound is what you mean? We have added a lot more compression and rebound valving along with welding up and re-sizing the bleed holes. We are also now adding another bleed hole and testing it as a 4 way bypass shock. We have a lot more testing to do. We are hopefully heading back out to the desert this week or possibly this weekend.

Since I have not had the pleasure yet of jumping it, need to take a road trip, I was referring to the hop I get sometimes when leaving everybody at the traffic light.

mictouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I have not had the pleasure yet of jumping it, need to take a road trip, I was referring to the hop I get sometimes when leaving everybody at the traffic light.

Welcome to the performance pickup truck world. Throw 500 lbs. in the bed, that should do the trick! No, really I haven't had the please of racing anyone off the line yet. But, I would think with us welding up some of the bleed holes that it should firm up the ride as well as control the wheel hop a little more than stock. Guess I need to go roast some tires as a test. Today it has been raining all day and I know all I will get is wheel spinning and no hopping. I'll have to wait for things to dry up here in So Cal. Should be tomorrow - we never get much rain here. Hope we are getting some in the desert - that will make for fun testing and NO DUST - Awesome!

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had my truck raised to the middle perch today.

I love the look of the truck now. Sits nice and level!

$200 after tax including the alignment! I think that's a steal and I didn't have to mess with it!

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score

$200 after tax including the alignment! I think that's a steal and I didn't have to mess with it!

:pics-****:

You got a great deal, RS!

AndyMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That seems like a really good deal, do you mind telling where you had it done at?

I believe I saw a post that you had mentioned you are in MN... just curious because it is something I am thinking I would like done and am also in MN.