HOW TO: 2019+ Live Valve Recalibration - FORScan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Getting it working on a trial of windows 11, on a trial of parallels, on a trial of forscan was one hell of a feat for me. Def will need to go with a cheap windows laptop in the future lol.
I use my wife’s old $200 laptop and that’s pretty much the only reason it comes out of the closet.

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here's the pop up screen prior to VDM calibration. How exactly are you supposed to throw it in neutral during ignition only?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 6.44.43 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-11 at 6.44.43 PM.png
    745.6 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just pulled the release under the steering wheel and I depressed the pedal like it says in the instructions, I didn't see an ET anywhere but it did recalibrate and im showing either 0 or -1 so im guessing it took?

NEOGARAGE

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm trying to reset our 22 Gen3 shocks and there is no VDM ride height calibration in the service procedures. Am I missing something?

NolaRaptor

Reaction score
Went to my local shop to get the suspension calibrated today, they had access to FRDS which gives you the option to do the calibration. We did it successfully but when we went to look at the values through FRDS after, they never changed to 0. Any chance the values on FRDS would read different from Forscan? I was 88mm upfront and -27mm on the rears. Of course we just did the calibration first instead of seeing where the values were at first. Any help is greatly appreciated.

LedFootRaptor

Reaction score
Sorry if this is an obvious question, but what would be the reason the fronts do not reset to 0?

They Improved a lot after I ran the procedure, but the fronts show 2 and rears show 9. Could it be that I selected 1/4 tank and I’m slightly under that?

Last edited:

TexasAggie94

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this is an obvious question, but what would be the reason the fronts do not reset to 0?

They Improved a lot after I ran the procedure, but the fronts show 2 and rears show 9. Could it be that I selected 1/4 tank and I’m slightly under that?
The thing that was causing me problems was that one of the height sensor control arms had popped off or was never clipped on the new UCA I had just installed. In this case the sensor was static and would continue to always read it's position wherever that may have been. I assume the GEN3 has the same sensor with actuating arm/lever that connects via ball/cup to the UCA.

whitek12

Reaction score
I had issues on FORSCAN not even giving the option to recalibrate. I have an MPT tune and they said while the tune is live, it takes options away from FORSCAN. I had to take my truck back to stock for it to work properly and then reload the tune. I guess GooseTune was also having that issue.

Reaction score
BLUF: Calibrated and error free. I appreciate everyone's help today and would like to share all that I learned on this 8+ hour journey today. The five-minute job that went sideways.
So, after quickly completing the height calibration I was unable to zero out my front left ride height value. In fact it was reading 199 which I now believe is a maximum value. Immediately following a "successful" calibration process in FORSCAN not only did I have the erroneous value but now I had the Drive Mode Malfunction being generated in the VDM. After several attempts at reloading the VDM with "as built", running ride height calibration, resetting the VDM module, and disconnecting the battery I was left with the same error (which locks you out of all driving and steering modes) as well as the 199 in the front left. So, I decided to look at the ride height sensors themselves and found that the front left ride height sensor linkage that connects to the upper control arm had popped off the ball joint. So, when I did the initial ride height calibration it read a value that gave such a large number that it triggered the VDM to create the Drive Mode Functionality to fail. Once I found the issue, popped the linkage back on between the sensor and the UCA, I was able to successfully zero the right height then force an as built load into the VDM module and the Drive Mode error was gone. Thank you Baby Jesus! Moral of the story, never give up! View attachment 346118
View attachment 346119
I'm currently having this Cluster F issue. went to cal my shocks and they were -16,-46, -13, -44. Couldn't get them to recal and now I have the drive control lockout.