HOW TO: 2019+ Live Valve Recalibration - FORScan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zell

Reaction score
Just sharing an update on my original issue. After many failed attempts I caved and took the truck into the dealership with a fear that a tune from the previous owner was the cause. Dealer confirmed that they could not access the PCM. I opted to have the PCM replaced to not only gain access to the ride height calibration but also know what files were running the truck. Performed the calibration and the suspension went from a cement truck (I have Geiser springs & Icon stage 3 leafs) back to stock plush feel. And this has also opened up the opportunity to tune it. Thanks to @GooseTuned for the all the help in getting to the bottom of the issue. I'll be jumping on board with your tune as soon as I get over the $$$ting of buying a new PCM.
I also running Geiser springs & Icon stage 3 leafs with no added leaf and im disapointed in the harsh rebound of front shocks
i really wana try this recalibration. just wanted to confirm that it fix this harsh rebound issue that geiser springs produce.
TIA

Raptor_VA

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also running Geiser springs & Icon stage 3 leafs with no added leaf and im disapointed in the harsh rebound of front shocks
i really wana try this recalibration. just wanted to confirm that it fix this harsh rebound issue that geiser springs produce.
TIA
The calibration addressed the harsh ride that the Geiser and Icons created. I tried to do it on the day the truck had both installed however had the issue with no VDM showing in Forscan due to the unknown tune from the previous owner. So glad I spent the money on the new PCM just to do the calibration.

Blkshp18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did this a second time, only because I upgraded to 3.0 Live Valves. Got all four corners at 0. Haven’t driven it, but I’ll give an update tomorrow.

Blkshp18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I drove it for a few miles Today on the freeway. Feels much better than before the calibration. The suspension feels more responsive. Could be the placebo effect tho.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just completed the recalibration flawlessly!
If anyone is in South Orange County that needs this done, among the rest of the great ForScan features, I’m happy to help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where you located? I’m getting eibachs installed on my gen3 in a couple weeks and could use some help with recalibrating the shocks.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@blwn can you explain why this said the following?:
- If you have a saved profile select "No" to create a new profile.
(These can be managed in the profiles tab if you want to delete previous profiles)

I did this to my Gen 3 and it worked. I did just select the profile I'd made for my truck, as it always defaults to this option and I couldn't imagine why I wouldn't be able to use that. Didn't seem to matter but I'm curious why you highlighted this.

OP
OP
B

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@blwn can you explain why this said the following?:
- If you have a saved profile select "No" to create a new profile.
(These can be managed in the profiles tab if you want to delete previous profiles)

I did this to my Gen 3 and it worked. I did just select the profile I'd made for my truck, as it always defaults to this option and I couldn't imagine why I wouldn't be able to use that. Didn't seem to matter but I'm curious why you highlighted this.

Before the VDM recalibration was added to Forscan, if you had created a profile and then used that profile it's possible it wouldn't find the VDM procedure. It's not really needed now, but was recommended by the Forscan support team so I left it in. Even now I will sometimes recreate the profile in Forscan just to do a fresh scan for all the modules

OP
OP
B

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw in the Gen3 forum someone mentioned you have to put the shocks in maintenance mode, but Forscan walks you thru it. If someone wants to post that portion of it, I can update the first post

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw in the Gen3 forum someone mentioned you have to put the shocks in maintenance mode, but Forscan walks you thru it. If someone wants to post that portion of it, I can update the first post
I'll try to make a point to grab a screenshot next time I'm doing something with FORScan and I'll get you an update.