HOW TO: 2019+ Live Valve Recalibration - FORScan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like the post you quoted, I'd suggest looking at the linkage on the front shock for whichever side is showing the -4X value

Reaction score
I'm currently having this Cluster F issue. went to cal my shocks and they were -16,-46, -13, -44. Couldn't get them to recal and now I have the drive control lockout.
I had tools and such in the bed along with the shocks being off anyway, put them out of scope of calibration. When I tried to calibrate them is when it locked me out of the drive control modes. I took all the crap out of the bed and it let me recal the shocks which cleared the drive control issue. This also cleared up the extremely harsh low speed rebound that felt like an F250.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I attempted to do the recalibration today with ForScan V2.3.51, but I'm not seeing 'VDM' in the list of modules on the 'Select PIDs dialog' screen. Here are some possible reasons I'm thinking it's not being displayed:
  1. This is the first time I've connected my OBDII reader to my new (Windows 11) laptop, and maybe something isn't configured correctly.
  2. My OBDII module or ForScan is not compatible with Win11.
  3. Version 2.3.51 doesn't have this functionality?
  4. My OBDII module (that has a HS/MS switch on it) isn't compatible with this new feature. I got a message the first time I connected ForScan to my truck saying that some features would be limited.
I'm thinking it's probably #4...if that's the case, what (inexpensive) module would you recommend? Or, should I just see if I can get my older Win10 laptop connected (which I just checked, and it has ForScan V2.3.41 on it)? I don't recall ever seeing the message saying that certain features would be disabled when I used that older laptop, but it's been a couple years, so maybe I've just forgotten, or maybe the new ForScan has features that aren't compatible with my module. Any ideas?

Last edited:

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just realized that I never downloaded a license for ForScan on this new computer, so I was hoping that might have been the problem as to why VDM wasn't showing up in the list of modules. Went ahead and downloaded the license, loaded the key, etc, and....still nothing. Here's a screenshot showing the list of modules that I can select from:
Screenshot 2023-03-20 091756.png

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I broke down and bought a new adapter, and I'm still having the same problem. I've tried it with the truck running, and without the truck running but just having the ignition on. VDM doesn't show up in any of the screens (upon first connection, or on the 'Tests' screen, or in the 'Select PID Screen' (where I really need it)). Any ideas what may be causing it? I'd really like to get the shock re-calibration done! Thanks for any/all help!

OP
OP
B

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only time I've seen the VDM not show up is when certain tunes are installed. I didn't have this problem with Cobb/Goosetuned but if you read back thru this thread others had this issue until they removed the tune

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only time I've seen the VDM not show up is when certain tunes are installed. I didn't have this problem with Cobb/Goosetuned but if you read back thru this thread others had this issue until they removed the tune
I'm not sure how I missed that...I thought I'd read through the entire thread when I subscribed to it a couple years ago. I must not have, though. Anyway, I do have an MPT tune, so that must be why VDM isn't there. When I get a chance, I'll take it back to stock, run the VDM calibration (assuming it shows up once back at stock), and then put the tune back on again. Thanks!