How the heck does Sirius stay in business?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
XBX checkout the Jason Ellis Show. Its on Faction at 3pm to 7pm eastern time. He is freakin hilarious.

Edit: channel 41

knine

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Actually, that's how I started out....and I would likely have gone that way (although there were no discounts) IF I could have signed up for the music only plan with traffic; however, once I clicked the music only plan, the options to add traffic and/or travel link disappeared from the screen!

ernie

I was just playing on their site. Work it backwards. Click on traffic and if I remember right it then offers plans with various options. I know its that way with the weather.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My SIRIUS subscription has expired in the truck and nothing has changed besides it telling me that it has expired. I still can change channels, listen to anything I want and do whatever.

Diesel1710

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So true. I have old sportster radios that are expired and they still work. I gave a couple to my Dad. In my other cars that have the sirius built into them I find I get a good deal by buying yearly. I have 4 radios for three years for $700. It boils down to $19.40 a month for 4 radios.

puddle hunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, that's how I started out....and I would likely have gone that way (although there were no discounts) IF I could have signed up for the music only plan with traffic; however, once I clicked the music only plan, the options to add traffic and/or travel link disappeared from the screen!

I don't know what to say, maybe my experience was a fluke. I just remember getting home with no signal, getting online and reordering, then ran out to the truck to reconfirm the signal on channel one hundred something... and voila! We were off to dinner bumping to BPM.

I only have 2 complaints about Sirius thus far.
1: They renumbered their stations halfway through my free trial. Sure, they mailed me a new guide...but dammit, I liked my channels where I had them, and now most of the station names aren't read... the little voice only says the channel number. (I wish I could turn the bitch off anyway)
2: Signal quality. Maybe my ears are just a little too acute, but at times, I can actually hear the sounds of digital file compression through my speakers. I'm not certain that its Sirius, or if its the receiver in the truck... its just something I've noticed.

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maxx2893 said:
XBX checkout the Jason Ellis Show. Its on Faction at 3pm to 7pm eastern time. He is freakin hilarious.

Edit: channel 41

Used to listen to him religiously. I got bored after a year +. Plus I'm not in the car during that time anymore.

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not with my help anymore. I called and cancelled today. Reason was that I cant get baseball on it. The last trip I was on I had to go on AM radio to hear the playoffs... Ok, I can somewhat understand not airing the regular season games but the ******* playoffs!!!! **** it... Its cancelled until they change it...

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swoop1156 said:
Holy shit Jason Ellis is hillarious!

RED DRAGONS!

You would be a Red Dragon fan. He is funny as hell