How much would my 2020 raptor sell for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought the same. So I put 20k down, then the $900.00 payments started coming. That sucked !! So I payed mine off after 4 months. No shirt, no shoes, no payments !!!

Yeah, the problem is that each payment is mostly principal. It's not like you can buy a nice safe high-dividend stock and make the payments off the dividend stream. So you end up trading a small amount of work for a small amount of money. What else is new?

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There is an ass for every seat.
Your beautiful truck is now worth what someone will pay for it.

My dad taught me that lesson in 1985. I was all proud that I had 5 Dwight Gooden Tops Rookie cards that were worth $20 each. So I had $100 as a 13 year old, and they were gonna be worth millions when i got older.

Dad said, they are "worth what someone is willing to pay" and he took me to a collectors shop and they guy said he would give me $5 each. For $25 total.

I said not fair...and my dad and the guy (who i found out was his friend) said...."put in the work and go find a buyer then"

that lesson has stuck with me to this day.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya I'm mostly being a troll because I live in NH where we have no sales tax. It would be a total paradigm shift to have to pay ~$10k in tax on top of the truck for a Raptor.

In most states, you pay of the difference in trade.

Missouri example = $70k truck - $30k trade in, you pay 6% on the $40k difference. So about $2,400.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Missouri example = $70k truck - $30k trade in, you pay 6% on the $40k difference. So about $2,400.

I Colorado you pay the difference if you trade it at a dealer. Sell the old one yourself and you pay tax on the full amount of the new purchase. A normal transfer of tax dollars to dealers. It must be great to own a legislator or two.

D

Deleted member 12951

Good luck selling it privately. I was trying to help sell my brother’s raptor and I was getting nothing but ******* lowballers to the point I told my brother that I was out. I don’t have time for constant ******** from people.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score

I wish Oklahoma was that way. You pay the tax on the full amount each purchase. Really makes you think twice about trading stuff in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone school me why people in Cali don't buy out of state in order to get a reasonable deal and pay small shipping fee to get truck to them vs paying over sticker in state?

Msrp + 3500 mark up or
5-8k under sticker + 500-1000 shipping.... seems like a no brainer.

I see this all the time on here with Cali people and don't understand. Is there additional state tax, fees, etc for buying out of state when you live in Cali that discourage purchasing out of state?

MarkM98

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From what I can tell from looking at Raptors that are for sale on Auto Trader for a year now, you should be able to find the right buyer that will pay close to sticker with that low of miles on it. But it depends on how quickly you want it to move. If you are hurting for cash and need it to sell quickly then price it to move quickly. There are buyers out there at every price point.

Don S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Things are constantly changing, but some of these stories on what people pay sounds ridiculous. I bought my 2019, new, in Southern California. It's a Magnetic Supercrew 802A with the carbon fiber package sunroof and some other options for $70K in March of 2020. This was during the first scary stages of Covid and the salesman were just handing you the keys as they didn't go on test drives with customers at that time. Of course I got screwed on California's tax and license that is roughly 10% all new vehicle purchases.

Personally, I went into the purchase, knowing that there was no way that I would pay anything over MSRP. I will say that I paid as close to MSRP as I've ever paid for 30 plus new vehicles over the last 40 years.

So even in California, I think MSRP can be found. When I bought, there were 42 Raptors available in a 100 mile radius, so I knew what was out there and what they cost.

I had to laugh, there is a post running right now where a guy is asking $57K for a 7 years old 2014 Raptor. It's a beautiful truck, but you would be crazy to pay that much money for an old older one......it's not a classic.