How much are you paying for gas? - Ford Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iangol

Reaction score
87 octane is $4.48 per gallon and 93/94 octane is at $5.15 per gallon here in Toronto, but wait a minute there buddy, back home in the UK its coming in at $9.30 per gallon,,, whhhooooaaaaaa and we complain,,,,lmao

cheers

ian

ruffstuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard over the weekend that the 80% of the fuel price in the UK is due to taxes.

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^ Yeah, I heard taxes were kind of high in Britain and I do believe that you are pretty close to, if not, correct. Most of the US gas price is made up of taxes as well IIRC.

Ubermoose

Reaction score
^^ Yeah, I heard taxes were kind of high in Britain and I do believe that you are pretty close to, if not, correct. Most of the US gas price is made up of taxes as well IIRC.

Yes, taxes in Britain account for more than 80% of the price they pay.
Roughly 30-40% of the price we pay in the states is due to taxes. The rest being the price of oil, refining costs (including additives), and distribution.
Despite the party rhetoric those "greedy oil companies" are only "gouging us" with a paltry 7-10% profit. A significant portion of which is payed out to shareholders in the form of dividends. Another significant portion is reinvested into oil and gas exploration so we have more juice to burn. I am not employed by the oil companies... I'm a pilot and like my fuel like I like my women; cheap and readily available.

Paying $3.31 per gallon in Austin.

Note... remember 6.2L owners: NO E85!!!

jesse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid 3.26 a gallon yesterday. E85 is damn near close to it price wise.

Whats seriously pissing me of is that they are increasing the price of E85!

:soapbox:

now to rant a bit on this subject,

E85 is a local manufactured source of fuel. its homegrown, why is the price of E85 going up? makes absolutely no sense and aggravates the **** out of me. That was the whole point of our government investing in alternative fuels, to come in hand like the situation we are in now with the increase in oil and so on.

So damn hypocritical

Triheart7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regular in Northern Cal is around $3.95 - $4.00 a gallon. I bought E85 last week at $3.30 a gal and I have burned through a half a tank in 4 days, I am getting 9 mpg driving this stuff.

Vidiot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heh, you guys have it made.

It's currently 128.9 Cents per Liter.
$1.28900 per liter = 4.71006882 Canadian dollars per US gallon

With the Raptor's smaller fuel tank, if Im leaving town I have to fill up once before we hit cheaper gas in High Level, Alberta. There are 2 places to fill up, I stopped at the only one that was open in January on my way home just after picking up the truck. Gas was 141.9 per liter!

I put just enough in so the truck was saying 320 km to empty, the rest of the trip home was 310km.

Gas prices arent affecting my decisions to play though.