GEN 2 How long did you wait?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow ... quite the wait, what was your build?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really, 3-5 months is quite typical. If you're closer to 5 then you probably ordered a "rarer" build. CF/Orange accent/SCAB/or a base model with no options.

OP
OP
FordPerf Addict

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If the concern about waiting you have is depreciation on your existing truck because you are putting a lot of miles on it, I can tell you that a brand new truck is going to depreciate a whole lot faster mile for mile. So from a purely financial perspective, driving your current truck for longer and then buying a new truck is going to leave you in a better financial condition than buying a new truck sooner and putting a bunch of miles on it.

That is a good point. Although short term I like the idea of having a 20k trade rather then a 15k trade. And I know My ram coulddd lose value quicker then my raptor would? Plus obviously id like the truck my hands sooner then later. I’d like to get some use out of it and avoid getting a brand new vehicle in the dead of a Michigan winter [emoji23]

Last edited:
OP
OP
FordPerf Addict

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not really, 3-5 months is quite typical. If you're closer to 5 then you probably ordered a "rarer" build. CF/Orange accent/SCAB/or a base model with no options.

I see ... good to know. I didn’t realize an orange could slow it down that much. My dad custom built a vette and a CTSV, I think they only took 10 weeks so I was thinking that was hopefully the longest I’d wait for a raptor. I think that if there are no real changes I’m gonna try to get my hands on an 18 with most of the options I want... too bad all these dealers around me order those overpriced stickers [emoji23][emoji23]. It doesn’t help me being so impatient either

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ordered Dec 12 2016
Delivered June 20 2017

Just because you order doesnt mean the allocation is ready to be pulled. It all depends where the dealer is at in its given allocation for the year. The dealer can take orders all day but Ford decides when to pull the order. Im my case I ordered but there were a quite a few allocations in front of me. Once my order was pulled it was only about 2.5 months.

fuhrius

Reaction score
I see ... good to know. I didn’t realize an orange could slow it down that much. My dad custom built a vette and a CTSV, I think they only took 10 weeks so I was thinking that was hopefully the longest I’d wait for a raptor. I think that if there are no real changes I’m gonna try to get my hands on an 18 with most of the options I want... too bad all these dealers around me order those overpriced stickers [emoji23][emoji23]. It doesn’t help me being so impatient either

the dealer's allocations typically has more to do with lead-time than option content. sometimes there are 'material holds' (shortages of a particular item like BL wheels)...but the timing of the dealer's allocations is the more typical reason for longer wait times.

Brien H

Reaction score
Ordered 12/30, Blend date 04/28, Estimated delivery to the dealer is 05/14. I cannot wait :). 4.5 months, and now it's in my state (FL) on a train according to Ford.

Greatlaker64

Reaction score
Ordered Feb 14th
Built Apr 20th
Took Delivery May 9th (sat for almost 3 weeks awaiting transportation, before being delivered 150 miles north of Dearborn)

I ordered LFG SCAB, 802a, tech, etc... In an effort to keep things simple, I did not order Carbon Fiber, as there's been a history of "outta stock" status. Didn't do the bedliner or stickers, as that is done outside of ford and adds time to your build.

Lastly, as someone else said, it's impossible to know how quickly Ford will pick-up your dealer's order. Or at least that seems to be the most common reality!

B/c I wanted a scab (no stickers, no orange) and wasn't in a real hurry, I ordered mine. If I was getting a SCREW, I would have bought from stock, as there is ample enough supply in the market to find almost everything you might be looking for in a build.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered 8/11/16 and delivered to my dealer on 12/22 then i took delivery on 12/28.

Have you seen what was out on dealer lots? I would think there would be a few out there that are fairly close to what your looking for. If it were my money, I would sacrifice a few options to get the best deal with trade-in then customize the truck from there. Just a thought.

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
If you can't find a Screw from dealer stock, you're being too picky. There's 2337 brand new Raptors on Auto Trader alone. That's not taking into account the dealers that don't list on Auto Trader. I know one of my local dealers doesn't and they have 2 Screws sitting on their lot that aren't listed anywhere but the dealer site.

If you want a Scab, you only have 72 to choose from.