How is Ford going to deliver on the Gen 3 Raptor with this chip shortage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vintage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was at my local dealer yesterday. Typical midwest dealer that usually has maybe 30 F150's on the lot, they had none. I went in to speak to the sales manager about the status of my Bronco order and she said they are getting a trickle of F150s and they are sold as soon as they hit the lot. The other local dealer had maybe 5 and they are buying them from other dealers at MSRP and selling them at MSRP plus a $3500 mark up.

It is all because of the chip shortage and her factory rep showed her an aerial photo last week of lots at one of the pick up plants full of on hold F150s. SHe was told it will run thru most of the summer and when I asked her specifically about Raptors she was told that they willl make a small run with the plan of all dealers getting one. She said that was even optimistic and was told she likely wouldn't get any ordered trucks until 2022.

My dealer told me I can come in on June 10 to put my order in, he is supposed to be getting 3 Raptor allocations. My preferred order would be a Iconic Silver with the 801A - 37 package. Don’t want the Panosunroof or power tech Package. If I have to wait for a MY22 to get what I want then so be it.
I have a Bronco on order that I should be getting in a few months. Worst case, I'll fold the rear seats down and use it as a mini pickup. Lol

Last edited:

jjm047

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Different sanario for me, I'm truckless. So don't have the option of waiting on 2022. I would of bought a 2020 Raptor, but when I started shopping most dealer inventory was extremely low and their ADM was extremely high.
My current dealer won't be charging me ADM. Plus I'm not sure the HP will be changing from MT21 to MY22. The Raptor R will be nice, but don't think I need all that power.
I guess if I currently owned a Raptor, I would have to think long and hard about trading it in.
Yeah, that’s a tough call. In that case I’d probably go forward with whatever ‘21 is released, esp if no ADM. it’ll still retain its value better than most other vehicles, unless they upgrade drive train in ‘22.

Vintage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that’s a tough call. In that case I’d probably go forward with whatever ‘21 is released, esp if no ADM. it’ll still retain its value better than most other vehicles, unless they upgrade drive train in ‘22.
I can't imagine they would upgrade drive train on a new release Gen 3 only after a half year of production. But I learned over the years "never say never". Lol
I know alot of folks are holding out for a black interior on the MY22 with 37 Package. Personally don't mind the blue and don't feel like waiting another 6 months on a maybe will or maybe won't sanario.

Last edited:

Dtsgli

Reaction score
I can't imagine they would upgrade drive train on a new release Gen 3 only after a half year of production. But I learned over the years "never say never". Lol
I know alot of folks are holding out for a black interior on the MY22 with 37 Package. Personally don't mind the blue and don't feel like waiting another 6 months on a maybe will or maybe won't sanario.
It’ll be 6-8 months before deliveries even happen after the June 6 order banks open. *Scenario

Vintage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’ll be 6-8 months before deliveries even happen after the June 6 order banks open. *Scenario

I was under the impression they would be out by late summer. I might of misread these articles.

Screenshot_20210510-060335_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210510-055718_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Dtsgli

Reaction score
I was under the impression they would be out by late summer. I might of misread these articles.

View attachment 168125

View attachment 168124
Ford dealers will give their best few customers some of their allocations. Their others won’t go toward customer orders, and instead their inventory, and add the markup. Said but this is exactly what is happening with the TRX. There are still TRX customers that are waiting for orders from their dealer today, but that same dealer is sitting on one with mega ADM.

gobluejd

HAIL!!!
Reaction score
Ford dealers will give their best few customers some of their allocations. Their others won’t go toward customer orders, and instead their inventory, and add the markup. Said but this is exactly what is happening with the TRX. There are still TRX customers that are waiting for orders from their dealer today, but that same dealer is sitting on one with mega ADM.
Right now, all dealer order for inventory is on hold. Only customer orders can be initiated.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So are peeps paying ADM’s on TRX orders? Will you pay ADM’s on Raptor orders? I can only imagine this is controlled by the dealer you order through?