How is Ford going to deliver on the Gen 3 Raptor with this chip shortage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
between ford trying to improve their cafe standards, tightening evap rules, and not having the parts to produce their bread and butter vehicles, its not looking good. the hellcat engines are on their deathbed with the epa clamping down and if the parts suppliers can't get their act together, the v8 raptor might be a really short run.
Yup, that is what I think too. I am pretty happy either way with my 2020.

Reaction score
same, last year of the gen 2 & last year of the scab.
I sort of regret not getting a race red scab when I could have but the dealer that had one was playing so many games with me, I passed on it. The s/crew ended up working out better because I want to tow an enclosed trailer in the future

jjm047

Full Access Member
Reaction score
between ford trying to improve their cafe standards, tightening evap rules, and not having the parts to produce their bread and butter vehicles, its not looking good. the hellcat engines are on their deathbed with the epa clamping down and if the parts suppliers can't get their act together, the v8 raptor might be a really short run.
unfortunately I think you’re right. Biden and his ring of leftist idiots will do everything in their power to make sure we’re all sitting on top of giant cancer causing batteries ASAP. It’s not just the big V8s that are on their deathbed...the internal combustion engine itself is also singing its swan song.

Dtsgli

Reaction score
unfortunately I think you’re right. Biden and his ring of leftist idiots will do everything in their power to make sure we’re all sitting on top of giant cancer causing batteries ASAP. It’s not just the big V8s that are on their deathbed...the internal combustion engine itself is also singing its swan song.
It took longer to turn political than I thought it would.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
I agree 100% which is why I have a TRX on order. I think 2024 at best is the last year of the Hellcat in its current form. My guess is the Raptor R with the screaming V8 will be similar.

Dtsgli

Reaction score
I know right, it’s crazy how issues that are directly linked to politics tend to turn political. Gets me every time.
So the “battery technology” directly mirrors our cell phone batteries. So we are all walking around with cancer in our front leg pockets. And Biden wasn’t even a glimmer in political posturing when electric vehicles were being pushed. Are you blaming Biden because you support Trump, or because you truly believe he is the reason going electric is happening?

jjm047

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the “battery technology” directly mirrors our cell phone batteries. So we are all walking around with cancer in our front leg pockets. And Biden wasn’t even a glimmer in political posturing when electric vehicles were being pushed. Are you blaming Biden because you support Trump, or because you truly believe he is the reason going electric is happening?
The jury is still out on cell phones. We will probably never know the truth because there’s a huge lobby behind big tech. But there’s been a gigantic uptick in the incidence of glioblastoma multiforme, the deadliest of brain cancers, and it coincides with the widespread use of cell phones. Here’s some reading, educate yourself:

for the Biden thing:

he’s not the only reason, but he’s a big one.

Dtsgli

Reaction score
The jury is still out on cell phones. We will probably never know the truth because there’s a huge lobby behind big tech. But there’s been a gigantic uptick in the incidence of glioblastoma multiforme, the deadliest of brain cancers, and it coincides with the widespread use of cell phones. Here’s some reading, educate yourself:

for the Biden thing:

he’s not the only reason, but he’s a big one.
So you would be mad if I told you I voted for Biden I am guessing?