How is Ford going to deliver on the Gen 3 Raptor with this chip shortage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dtsgli

Reaction score
Eventually.... There will be too many trucks available. A flood of them. And gas will be $6 a gallon by then.

Your leaders have completely failed you. You get what you vote for.
More politics. Just waiting on an SCAB or die member next. The. This thread hits the full spectrum of:
1. Starting on topic
2. Going off topic
3. Turning political
4. sCAB owner joins and says Ford screwed the world up and they will never buy a Ford again
5. Thread slowly dies

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
So are peeps paying ADM’s on TRX orders? Will you pay ADM’s on Raptor orders? I can only imagine this is controlled by the dealer you order through?

Almost every dealer I've talked to about a TRX will order at MSRP.

RAM does not allow dealers to "choose" which of their orders get filled. Customer orders are prioritized in the build queue over stock orders.

Does Ford allow dealers to specify how their allocation is used?

Chainsaw

Ghost of a Raptor Owner
Reaction score
Ford dealers will give their best few customers some of their allocations. Their others won’t go toward customer orders, and instead their inventory, and add the markup. Said but this is exactly what is happening with the TRX. There are still TRX customers that are waiting for orders from their dealer today, but that same dealer is sitting on one with mega ADM.

This is not what every RAM dealer I've talked to has told me. They all say that only sold customer orders are built and prioritized, not stock orders. They are not allowed to "choose" how their allocations are filled.

From what I understand, any customers waiting longer than the normal 8-12 weeks for a TRX are because of bottlenecks in supplies of specific options.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
More politics. Just waiting on an SCAB or die member next. The. This thread hits the full spectrum of:
1. Starting on topic
2. Going off topic
3. Turning political
4. sCAB owner joins and says Ford screwed the world up and they will never buy a Ford again
5. Thread slowly dies

Your forgot to mention V8 sounds, electric vehicle domination, and 'bold' predictions about production delays.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Almost every dealer I've talked to about a TRX will order at MSRP.

RAM does not allow dealers to "choose" which of their orders get filled. Customer orders are prioritized in the build queue over stock orders.

Does Ford allow dealers to specify how their allocation is used?
I am curious to hear how that works with Raptor orders and if any ADM’s will be charged.

Vintage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford dealers will give their best few customers some of their allocations. Their others won’t go toward customer orders, and instead their inventory, and add the markup. Said but this is exactly what is happening with the TRX. There are still TRX customers that are waiting for orders from their dealer today, but that same dealer is sitting on one with mega ADM.
I guess I'm one of my dealers best customers, because he told me to come in on June 10 to order my Raptor.

jjm047

Full Access Member
Reaction score
based on the fact that we haven’t heard anything officially from Ford for over three months, 5/10 came and went with no B&P, and there are STILL NO POWER FIGURES for the Gen 3, I would say it is highly unlikely that anyone sees one of these before 2022.