How is Ford going to deliver on the Gen 3 Raptor with this chip shortage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cobraman044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not have all details. But this is what was explained to me. All AI type chips are allocated at a pre buy lot number. Ford had a very large lot before COVID. Ford thought sales would be very low and reduced there allotted number of chips to buy in order to save money. From my understanding some other companies jumped on these available numbers. Now FORD cannot get back in line for the additional chips they need. The big buyers for these lately are the graphics card manufactures. I have no idea how this will play out but only so many can be made and now with everything needing some sort of AI for smart learning, who knows.
I followed up on this with the person that is in the know about this. When the car manufactures gave up there share of the allocation of chips. Guess who stepped in and bought the shares... APPLE of course. Bastards! Guess that is why there is no shortage of apple products.