how do you launch this truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
sport mode, engage 4a mat the gas pedal hold the break, drop break and keep it floored once she gets traction and before it hits second switch it to 2wd. I have done it countless times in my gen 2 and no issues. Fastest launch you can get in a raptor. It will surprise everyone how quick out of hole they are, see if you can get a 0-60 time if you try it.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Trans is going to shit and the truck is in for rear pinion....

Yeah - launch that muthafuka lol

robl3577

Reaction score
sport mode, engage 4a mat the gas pedal hold the break, drop break and keep it floored once she gets traction and before it hits second switch it to 2wd. I have done it countless times in my gen 2 and no issues. Fastest launch you can get in a raptor. It will surprise everyone how quick out of hole they are, see if you can get a 0-60 time if you try it.
This does NOT work on the newer trucks as has been mentioned multiple times. Put the truck in 4A and auto hold. Foot OFF the brake. Gas it. The computer will not let you power brake

robl3577

Reaction score
...I didn't get my Raptor to launch fast or drive fast...but...if you can get it to dual hat then it is more funner ( yes not a word lol). I admit I want ( can't afford) a Raptor R....but we all love to tweak..modify...improve..go faster..whatever lol. Even with computers we do it..ram upgrade...gpu....cpu....power supply....lol..it's never ending...we always want more better lol
So true. I wouldn't have bought a fast truck if I didn't want the ability to drive it fast. Do I drive it fast all the time? No, of course not, but I know its there and its fun to use when nobody is around. All these people saying it wasn't designed to go fast or "get a different vehicle" are hilarious.

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If one wants to launch as fast as possible, get a Lucid or Tesla Plaid or Hayabusa or GT500. Don’t get a truck.
Agree. But For me R is a perfect utility with speed, marshmallow ride on pot hole, capacity for hauling and of course appearance and interior (though none of them are best, but very descent). The only down side is handling, but definitely much better than a stock Tacoma. I once rode in GT 5.0 and just feel the suspension is too stiff and cabin is bit low for me to sit in comfortably.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Agree. But For me R is a perfect utility with speed, marshmallow ride on pot hole, capacity for hauling and of course appearance and interior (though none of them are best, but very descent). The only down side is handling, but definitely much better than a stock Tacoma. I once rode in GT 5.0 and just feel the suspension is too stiff and cabin is bit low for me to sit in comfortably.
The R and the TRX are fantastic multi use vehicles. I don’t always need the 700hp, but I do need a truck. It’s nice to have both.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
This does NOT work on the newer trucks as has been mentioned multiple times. Put the truck in 4A and auto hold. Foot OFF the brake. Gas it. The computer will not let you power brake
I just hit 1000 miles in my 23. Hold my beer….