how do you launch this truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can press brake and gas at the same time and launch at ~2000 rpm. But I'm not sure if it's good for transmission.

Xiaofeng Mu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got slightly beat by a cammed camaro this morning, so just wondering how i can get the fastest launch.
Though I haven't tried but that's kind of unexpected. R's engine is tuned to provide low-end torque so I think as long as you enganged 4A or 4H (or simply sport mode), you will gap most car in the first second. I even saw videos for R initially gapping R8 or GT500 and assumed they are all stock. But if you tried all of these then a tune will make things better :). But anyway this is a truck and it's heavier, less aero dynamic and even for tire it's not designed for max traction on the paved road.

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Though I haven't tried but that's kind of unexpected. R's engine is tuned to provide low-end torque so I think as long as you enganged 4A or 4H (or simply sport mode), you will gap most car in the first second. I even saw videos for R initially gapping R8 or GT500 and assumed they are all stock. But if you tried all of these then a tune will make things better :). But anyway this is a truck and it's heavier, less aero dynamic and even for tire it's not designed for max traction on the paved road.
My wife gapped a stock( I’m assuming) Camaro SS( super slow) who was messing with her at a light( in Mexico). Gen 3, 37’s, in Sport Mode. I’m guessing her reaction time was a lot better than his. I posted about it on another forum and was basically called a clown” there’s no way man”,. I’ve had a 2012 Boss 302 , a Shelby GT 350 and a 911 2S, all sticks. I think her Gen 3 and my Gen 2 both can get off the line about as well as any of those cars.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score

DO NOT USE 4H ON THE STREET. Use 4A.

wazatataza

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the consensus to a good launch is in sport, 4A @ 2k rpm, and once you roll through the first two gears at about 30mph, flip into 2h while still in the gas.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the consensus to a good launch is in sport, 4A @ 2k rpm, and once you roll through the first two gears at about 30mph, flip into 2h while still in the gas.
Call me paranoid, but there is no way in hell I would switch from 4A to 2WD under load. That just sounds like a really bad idea.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
This topic comes up on the TRX forum as well. What I’ve walked away with is being in Sport Mode and launching at 1,800 RPM’s. Anything over 2,000 RPM’s pushes through the brakes. I’m going to guess the R would be the same thing.