How did you come to afford your raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two very nice income and no kids.

Not going out to restaurants due to COVID has been a bitch!
*end no kids first world problem rant*

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Work for same corporation since 18yr old been 30 years now . No kids ,no wife. Retire in 7 years at 55 very good income low cost of living. My company is recession proof and so far Corona proof . Just hit 6 fig and its still July.

But God dam the IRS loves me

"All the money in the world can't buy your way into Heaven and it can't buy your way out of Hell - it was meant to be spent right here and I'm going to have the best clothes, the best boots, the best diamonds, the best cars, motorcycles, booze and women on the face of this earth" Evel Knievel

Last edited:

Romel

Reaction score
Work for a General Contractor (basically a Jack-of-all-trades) and get paid pretty decently.

My wife is topped out with the airlines as a baggage handler.

House is paid off, all other cars are also paid off, so this is our only monthly debt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

91Eunos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
28 years flying for Uncle Sugar, then managed to land a great job post-retirement...but working harder than I ever have before. ~1/3 of my pay is in company stock, which has increased in value almost 10-fold since I joined in 2015.

The hard work’s paying off though and has bought me piece of mind in the form of retirement investments, a lot of toys I couldn't otherwise afford (including the Raptor), and soon a (for real this time) retirement home on a couple acres in a very nice private community on a lake near here.

Smokey

Reaction score
I'm a service supervisor in the fire truck industry.

single
no kids
no internet
no cable TV

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Gotta respect those who built their own companies from scratch. I hope to do this some day but I’m not sure I have the perseverance.

I’m an aerospace engineer in the middle of a talent war. No strategic brilliance, just right place, right time. We’ve all been getting job offers back back and forth weekly. I just got a friend from my old company a job offer at my new company for $51k/year MORE than what he was making. He showed the offer to his manager and they beat it! 30% pay raise overnight with no change is position/company/responsibilities . This is uncharted territory for me.

Like real estate, job market has alot to do w/ location right place/right time ect
Work for same corporation since 18yr old been 30 years now . No kids ,no wife. Retire in 7 years at 55 very good income low cost of living. My company is recession proof and so far Corona proof . Just hit 6 fig and its still July.

But God dam the IRS loves me

All the money in the world can't buy your way into Heaven and it can't buy your way out of Hell - it was meant to be spent right here and I'm going to have the best clothes, the best boots, the best diamonds, the best cars, motorcycles, booze and women on the face of this earth

Hopefully you also have the best 23 year old women in skimpy bikinis to help you in your quest along the way

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Retired with a good pension. Kids all gone.
20 Raptor, 19 Shelby GT350,19 Harley Ultra Ltd.
Cancer survivor and drove shit boxes while raising the kids, now it's my time.
Life's short

man my dad did the same thing- YOLO - total respect! Life is short for everyone relatively speaking, live it to the fullest & have fun while you’re at it!!!