How did you come to afford your raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My situation was unique. Sales manager at Ford dealership actually approached me wanting my truck and asked if i was interested in trading. Assuming it was just a sales pitch, I jokingly said for the right deal on a Raptor anything was possible.

2 days later i had a deal negotiated with almost 9k off sticker of raptor and nearly 5k over "excellent" blue book value on my truck. Which put me at almost 15k equity on trade.

So in the end, I drove off in a new Raptor that stickered at 76k for around 53k. Couldn't say no to that deal!

TurboTJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regardless of how we made our money, it’s hard to drop $70k into a truck, which will only decrease in value (though probably much better than many other vehicles).

I bought my 19’ Raptor at age 30, and kinda feel like it’s a terrible financial decision at this point in my life, especially since this is vehicle #5 for me... :-/ Most of my colleagues are talking about how much extra they are putting into their 401K’s and driving the cheapest POS they can find. They definitely look down on my spending habits. Wonder who is making the wisest decision...

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Regardless of how we made our money, it’s hard to drop $70k into a truck, which will only decrease in value (though probably much better than many other vehicles).

I bought my 19’ Raptor at age 30, and kinda feel like it’s a terrible financial decision at this point in my life, especially since this is vehicle #5 for me... :-/ Most of my colleagues are talking about how much extra they are putting into their 401K’s and driving the cheapest POS they can find. They definitely look down on my spending habits. Wonder who is making the wisest decision...
Saving money is a good idea, squirreling it away and never having fun in your life, is not recommended!

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score

The key is to out earn your stupidity, and do it with a smile on your face.

Drive it for a few years after it's paid off and you'll be all good.

gatty1303

Reaction score
Been a police officer for 13 years, and wife is a special education teacher at one of the top districts in the area. I’ve always spent way too much money on cars and modding cars (Shelby, boss, M3, SRT Jeep) but now that I have 2 kids I needed something everyone could fit in. So we got her a new explorer and I bought an 18 raptor. We also purchased a travel trailer this year and we are absolutely loving it.