Hot off the presses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i must have said something to get 55 comments, take the info how ever you want it does mean nothing to me, i'm all set

Oh don’t get me wrong. You talked a whole lot, but said absolutely nothing at the same time. Not sure if you noticed, most of the replies aren’t very supportive lol.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Really, who cares if they cancel it or not. I have one, basically everyone on this forum has one, so what's the big deal. They have so many pre orders for Broncos, that they probably are going to have to cut production on some models. Don't think they anticipated the response.
As far as a V8 Raptor making a comeback........I don't know. They could've easily put the GT500 engine in it or even a supercharged Coyote, but they didn't.The Raptor is all about torque, and the 3.5 produces a ton. Ford has so much time and effort invested in the EcoBoost, that it's their engine for now and the future. Except that friggin ugly Mustang Mach E. This is coming from a GT350 owner.

Reservations don’t mean much. Tesla does the same thing and only a fraction turn into actual orders. It’s only $100 and refundable so a lot of people have the “why the **** not” mentality. I have a Bronco and a Cyber a truck reserved, because... why the **** not. No way I’m getting both. It’s a,so a way for them to show their investors how much interest they’ve generated which investors like to see. It’s also an interest free loan as far as they’re concerned.

MrGable27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your source is completely wrong. When the spy pics of the Gen 3 come out in the next few weeks, let your source know he/she is talking nonsense. I'll leave it at that.

Concur. Ford does most of the suspension testing for the Raptor program in my neck of the woods through a 3rd party contractor. I can confirm that the 3rd gen Raptor is in development, and I’ve heard great things.

Mike O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love raptor, owned a gen 1, fall in love with it. then in 2015 sold it to my cousin, and got ready to buy the gen2 with all my heart and appreciation.

BUT Then the gen2 came with that ***** maxed out v6.

You do realize that the HO twin turbo V6 has more horses, more torque, and lighter because of it. My good friend has both gen 1 and gen 2. He was dead set on not buying a gen 2 until the V8 returned. DEAD SET. However, after riding in my gen 2 he quickly realized that the sound was the ONLY thing he preferred on the gen 1 and went out and bought one. In his words, they are completely different trucks, which is why he kept both.

They are different vehicles and everyone is entitled to their opinion. But to call it a "***** maxed out V6" is just not accurate. There is a lot you can do to get more performance out of it. But like one of the instructors at Raptor Assault said last week, it has plenty of ponies to get you out of any situation.

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really, who cares if they cancel it or not. I have one, basically everyone on this forum has one, so what's the big deal.
I do. I mean, I'm not waiting on bated breath, but I would love to see a properly upgraded Gen3.

Personally, I don't think the Gen2 is enough of an upgrade over the Gen1 for me to justify. I can upgrade the suspension on my current Gen1 and easily out perform a stock Gen2. Not talking about motor; the 6.2 has more than enough motor to overrun the suspension.

If they actually release a 4-link'd Gen3, that would be enough for me to upgrade. Almost despite any power plant excluding fully electric (hard to recharge in the desert). Just speculation, but a factory 4-link system would be much easier to modify to get large amounts additional travel out of without spending $200k for a 4-link'd Raptor pre-runner.

Mike O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
H

Now Gen 2, u have to stay somewhere close to where someone can get to u if it breaks down. Its a city vehicle, casual off roading, and camping. i just cant trust it to run 15 days in a row non stop on a 5000 miles journey. Not just this, any forced induction has a change to break down.

Gen 2 is more than a "city vehicle, casual off roading, and camping." You do realize that they ran a 2017 gen 2 in the Baja 1000 and if finished in regulation time, without issues. Then they drove it back to Arizona, not on a trailer. I run mine in Baja many times a year. In fact I just got back last night from 6 days. It is capable of far more than "casual off roading".

The Real Coolbreeze

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think we should riot!

It could look like "The Italian Job" only bigger!

With RAPTORs!

And beer!
(actually just scotch for me)

and my wife. I have to bring my wife. She would really enjoy watching that whole thing....

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can confirm from my source who spoke to the cousins uncles brother of Bill Ford at the Hockeytown cafe that your sources don't know what they are talking about.

Run and tell that Slappy.....

Oh yeah the Gen 2 Raptor is plenty fast and cool. Although it does seem to run through tires faster than the other ones.