Hot off the presses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FDHog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You went for the GT500 instead of the GT350? No way would I buy a Shelby with an automatic, especially a '*****" rotary dial. I went GT350 and have no regrets. The "*****" V6 is the fastest truck I've had, and I've had quite a few. I agree the V6 sounds like crap no matter what you do to it, but there's no lack of performance.

jaggwaa

Reaction score
How hard is common sense?
Who is comparing lx570 to raptor?

Lx570 has 1 purpose in my life only............ and thats "keep running"
No power required, no aftermarket additions, its stock and i use it for 5000 mile longs trips where only thing that works is a satellite phone. If i break down, am done for weeks and huge money lost. Can i take raptor there, never, would die before taking that leap.

Its not just ford, Cadillac chevy and gmc as well, Those trips are reserved for land cruiser and lx570. They are business trips, two guys and only 1 vehicle.
i trust lx570 with my life. never broken down in past 15 years, more than 2 million miles on both lc and lx.

Now Gen 2, u have to stay somewhere close to where someone can get to u if it breaks down. Its a city vehicle, casual off roading, and camping. i just cant trust it to run 15 days in a row non stop on a 5000 miles journey. Not just this, any forced induction has a change to break down.

Naturally aspirated on the other hand is a different story.
i sincerely hope u guyz understand what am saying.

jaggwaa

Reaction score
'*****" rotary dial.

That i agree 100%.... well said.

When i test drove the gt500, the dual clutch paddle shifts were so fun that i forgot there was a rotary dial. Its really something i have to look once.

Now regarding stick shift manual vs automatic, i personally prefer automatic, because m not on a track all the time, some days i have to drive within city and i really prefer automatic.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score

No power required, no aftermarket additions, its stock and i use it for 5000 mile longs trips where only thing that works is a satellite phone. If i break down, am done for weeks and huge money lost. Can i take raptor there, never, would die before taking that leap.

Its not just ford, Cadillac chevy and gmc as well, Those trips are reserved for land cruiser and lx570. They are business trips, two guys and only 1 vehicle.
i trust lx570 with my life. never broken down in past 15 years, more than 2 million miles on both lc and lx.

Now Gen 2, u have to stay somewhere close to where someone can get to u if it breaks down. Its a city vehicle, casual off roading, and camping. i just cant trust it to run 15 days in a row non stop on a 5000 miles journey. Not just this, any forced induction has a change to break down.

sounds like you’re saying you can’t do road trips in a gen 2

If that’s not what you’re saying, then I don’t understand what you’re saying

If that is what you’re saying, you’re an idiot.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I understand your distaste for the V6 is very strong, but opting for a V8 LX570 was a major step down from your Gen 1. I owned an original Gen 1 with the 6.2L and it took me almost 2 years after the Gen 2 came out to even take one for a test ride. One test ride was all it took and I bought mine within a month. The Gen 2 is far superior in every way to the Gen 1, except the exhaust note.

All forums are filled with problem reports because people do not post about how boringly reliable their trucks are day in and day out. I have had my 2018 for more than 2 years and I have not had one single issue. I have several buddies with Raptors and they also have had no problems with theirs, either. (They do not post on this forum, so you will never hear from them, one way or the other). I have driven for 16 hours straight two days in row traveling across the country in many places with zero cell service. I have never been nervous about it breaking down and I would definitely take it on long trips versus my wife’s NA Cadillac SUV.

jaggwaa

Reaction score
I understand your distaste for the V6 is very strong, but opting for a V8 LX570 was a major step down from your Gen 1. I owned an original Gen 1 with the 6.2L and it took me almost 2 years after the Gen 2 came out to even take one for a test ride. One test ride was all it took and I bought mine within a month. The Gen 2 is far superior in every way to the Gen 1, except the exhaust note.

All forums are filled with problem reports because people do not post about how boringly reliable their trucks are day in and day out. I have had my 2018 for more than 2 years and I have not had one single issue. I have several buddies with Raptors and they also have had no problems with theirs, either. (They do not post on this forum, so you will never hear from them, one way or the other). I have driven for 16 hours straight two days in row traveling across the country in many places with zero cell service. I have never been nervous about it breaking down and I would definitely take it on long trips versus my wife’s NA Cadillac SUV.

Thank you for a beautiful, educated, well mannered response. Its good to hear you are having problem-free time with your raptor.

Venerous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, not going away... they're fusing two EB V6s into a quad turbo V12 EB mid engine Veloci-Raptor! There's also going to be a factory mounted pole mounted in the bed for the dancing girls! Send all the money for your preorders to me! :happy175::lol:

In all seriousness though, like other's have said - they're not going to abandon a market that they essentially have a monopoly on.

OP
OP
Frank R

Frank R

Reaction score
Guys, and gals I feel your passion, ford tech one I know PDC, I know what they do there, been there more then a few times, all I am saying is what I was told, you all can believe what you want for what ever reason you want, but if you want one or thinking of getting a newer one,move fast, cancel, Hiatus or 2 to 3 years off say it how you want all I know is there is no 2021 and who knows when, if ever, it comes back, remember ford is moving toward electric, my god they are going to have a hybrid F-150. I love the dedication guys hope I am wrong but my friend has never been wrong yet........hope he is this time