Hot off the presses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaggwaa

Reaction score
Hey OP, let ford do that.... and we'll see there butt swollen. Ford is/was stupid enough to remove v8 from raptor, no doubt they can cancel it as well. i really dnt care anymore, trx all the way..... and that ugly bronco... oh my..... whos gona buy that.... some oj simpson fan? atleast raptor gen2 is good looking. beats every other thruck in that. Bronco....... looks like a frog just got new glasses.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If they are in fact making so much money on the Raptor line, I can’t see why they would cancel them. There could be emissions or fleet MPG requirements or some other reason that we aren’t aware of.

I thought about this, but I would assume that introducing the Bronco would improve the CAFE for forward, not make it worse and push them to drop the more gas guzzling models. No MPG numbers for Bronco yet though.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
2020 will be the LAST year of the Raptor yes it is being canceled. I have great sources and it’s done no new motor nothing they do have a new motor coming out but only for regular F-150 they are doing the same thing that they did when they canceled the Ranger they do not want the raptor to compete with the new bronco I still haven’t figured that one out I can’t name my sources but they are very good here in Deerborn Michigan

You need to tell your "source" the following-

****, not even once!

That said, if 2020 is the last year forever, I'm ok with that. Makes the resale value that much higher when I look at the TRX down the road.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I disagree as well. My source says that the Raptor is a cash cow for Ford. He said the dealers make very little money on them and that Ford Corporate makes a ton of money. However, my source is just a dealership owner so he may not have the insight of someone at Ford HQ.

If they are in fact making so much money on the Raptor line, I can’t see why they would cancel them. There could be emissions or fleet MPG requirements or some other reason that we aren’t aware of.

Maybe the OP is trying to drive up used Raptor values!?!? ;)

Maybe the OP is confused about the difference between cancelling the model and not building them for a couple of years while they get gen 3 dialed in.

lateralis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 year hiatus for sure. I'd be willing to bet that the new Hybrid F150 is going to be the test bed for making the new 3rd gen Raptor a hybrid. We won't like it, but it does make sense for how the vehicle industry is going in general. Hell, a pretty good sized chunk of the super car market is hybrid now and most if not all vehicle manufactures are working on either a full electric or hybrid power trains.

06viper

Reaction score
Hey OP, let ford do that.... and we'll see there butt swollen. Ford is/was stupid enough to remove v8 from raptor, no doubt they can cancel it as well. i really dnt care anymore, trx all the way..... and that ugly bronco... oh my..... whos gona buy that.... some oj simpson fan? atleast raptor gen2 is good looking. beats every other thruck in that. Bronco....... looks like a frog just got new glasses.
You're right, Ford is so stupid that Gen 2s Raptors have been selling like hotcakes with V6's in them for the past three years... and they have over 200,000 deposits for the Bronco and they haven't even started building them! Appears there is quite a lotof people that disagree with your opinion on the Bronco and Gen 2 Raptor lol. Ford doesn't sound that stupid to me
:signs8:

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2 year hiatus for sure. I'd be willing to bet that the new Hybrid F150 is going to be the test bed for making the new 3rd gen Raptor a hybrid. We won't like it, but it does make sense for how the vehicle industry is going in general. Hell, a pretty good sized chunk of the super car market is hybrid now and most if not all vehicle manufactures are working on either a full electric or hybrid power trains.

NO way Ford takes 2 years off.

1 year off is a "maybe"

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just curious as to why you are on this Forum. Seriously. If Ford is so "Stupid" in your opinion why contribute. It sounds like the trx is in your future. Enjoy.

Sam