Horsepower, Torque, and MPG Confirmed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Would never get anywhere near that mileage with most of us serious users driving it.

I dunno about you but when I'm driving to the mountains and trails I usually use cruise control so the better the mpg on the highway the more fuel I'll have for the trail.

I also don't try and shred tires stoplight to stoplight either so again, the better the mpg the less money I'll spend.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dunno about you but when I'm driving to the mountains and trails I usually use cruise control so the better the mpg on the highway the more fuel I'll have for the trail.

I also don't try and shred tires stoplight to stoplight either so again, the better the mpg the less money I'll spend.

Half the fun when with you're with a group of Raptors is raising hell on the way to the trails! These things are an absolute blast to go fast through the mountain highways at a high rate of speed (the Gen1's are anyway).

MPG is NOT something that we worry about when on a run.....

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Half the fun when with you're with a group of Raptors is raising hell on the way to the trails! These things are an absolute blast to go fast through the mountain highways at a high rate of speed (the Gen1's are anyway).

MPG is NOT something that we worry about when on a run.....

On a run of coarse you're not going to worry about mpg but the other 99.9999999999999% of the time added mpg is a bonus.

Raw Horsepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BOOOM confirmed 510 foot lbs of torque. Daaaang.

I remember doing laps at TRR trying to get the lowest MPG the harder I drove. Had it down to 5 or 6 MPG and it was fun as hell.

Last edited:

SubSonicSOPMOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The more I think about it the more it seems that those numbers are just adequate. More than was expected but adequate for the weight and tire size of this specialty vehicle.

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flame away but I'm not impressed with 18mpg. They have hyped this ecoboost like crazy and yes it has more power but its also turbo charged and much smaller displacement and the new truck is lighter with an extra 4 gears in the transmission. I expected more than a 2mpg increase for all the hype and changes in the truck. They probably could have supercharged the 5.0L with a somewhat conservative tune and had similar fuel economy numbers with similar power numbers and wouldn't have had the huge shitfest from everyone hating on the ecoboost in an offroad oriented truck.

Why wouldn't Ford have just admitted that the leaked power numbers were true and that the numbers getting out was an accident when the cat was clearly out of the bag. Ford makes no sense with some of their marketing decisions.

westchiro

Reaction score
I was hoping for over 20 Hwy. Oh well... still excited to get my truck.. going on week 5 with no build or Vin but maybe tomorrow... there is always tomorrow....

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get 13 city and 16.5 highway in my Gen 1. No babying either.

My average in town was always right at 13 city as well. I saw 17 once but never much higher than 15-15.5 on the highway.

I will say that one thing I loved about my Raptor was how it never got less than 13mpg when I had it unless I was towing. 75mph+ and it was always right around 13 regardless of wind, temps or the terrain. Ecoboost trucks with similar height and wheels/tires struggled to get 13 at interstate speeds.

Last edited:

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My average in town was always right at 13 city as well. I saw 17 once but never much higher than 15-15.5 on the highway.

I will say that one thing I loved about my Raptor was how it never got less than 13mpg when I had it unless I was towing. 75mph+ and it was always right around 13 regardless of wind, temps or the terrain. Ecoboost trucks with similar height and wheels/tires struggled to get 13 at interstate speeds.

My 2014 Tremor w/4.10s gets better than the EPA avg. (17) on the window sticker with MPT tunes.
Keep in mind the trip meter rolls over every 10k miles and some yahoo at the dealership cleared my trip meter with 7.6 miles on it.

Attachments

• SAM_0454.jpg
    SAM_0454.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 55