hill descent fault, service advancetrac, and no offroad mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to add to this thread concerning the Hill Descent Control Fault / Service AdvanceTrac.
I've been trying to track down a different problem PO6B6 Knock Detection, so today I replaced the MAS with one from Advanced Auto Parts.
The Knock Detection went away, but I got the new problems. I was stuck in Hill Descent, Wrench, and Service AdvanceTrac.
I put back the old MAS and everything returned to normal.

I just wanted to point out the Mass Air Sensor/connection can also cause these problems.

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wanted to add to this thread concerning the Hill Descent Control Fault / Service AdvanceTrac.
I've been trying to track down a different problem PO6B6 Knock Detection, so today I replaced the MAS with one from Advanced Auto Parts.
The Knock Detection went away, but I got the new problems. I was stuck in Hill Descent, Wrench, and Service AdvanceTrac.
I put back the old MAS and everything returned to normal.

I just wanted to point out the Mass Air Sensor/connection can also cause these problems.
BTW, how do I clear the Hill Descent error code now that it's fixed. I have ForScan and tried to reset the module, but the code is still there.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
BTW, how do I clear the Hill Descent error code now that it's fixed. I have ForScan and tried to reset the module, but the code is still there.

Some DTCs require the vehicle to be driven in order for the module to verify that the issue is no longer present and clear the DTC.

If the DTC is only setting as a permanent DTC, it can be ignored. Permanent DTCs cannot be manually cleared.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
appreciate the feedback. i am not having issues with the cluster. i have been bouncing messages back and forth with fordtechone. he thinks its something to do with signal going to my abs module. im going to be checking that out now
Did ya figure this out?
I have a feeling I will be chasing the same issue with mine.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still no solution.

Replaced Third brake light and wire harness. Pulled all connectors and dielectric greased from Front to back as well as all plugs on the BCM. Cleaned and sanded all body grounds as well as battery cables. Reset all factory modules with ForScan. Chased wire harness from front to back looking for chaffing/wear. No issues found.
Disconnected all 4 pass-through wires and can kill engine if I flip on all 4 upfitters at once even though there is NO load on them with my lights disconnected!!
Oh and blower motor is not responding to changes in fan speed and i get a 9-1-1 not available message now..lol

PCM or BCM... which do you think is toast?

BTW.. Truck runs and drives perfectly fine