Hi-Lift jack install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For those of you that mounted one in the bed, how did you choose to do it? I have the swing cases on the sides, so the only other feasible place was to put it up against the cab. Also, I'm wondering what you guys did for your traction boards, jack plate, and other accessories. Thanks!

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For those of you that mounted one in the bed, how did you choose to do it? I have the swing cases on the sides, so the only other feasible place was to put it up against the cab. Also, I'm wondering what you guys did for your traction boards, jack plate, and other accessories. Thanks!

BUILTRIGHT
Don't even waste your time doing anything else. Unless you only have like, two things.

I bought a set so both sides of my truck bed carries my axe, shovel, tire trax, fishing pole, tackle, and a spare ass whooping.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lots of options out there. I’m gonna be going this route ( https://www.rpgoffroad.com/product/bed-box-link-accessory-bar/) and mounting it behind the cab in the bed. Extending the brackets downwards so that I can mount the high lift then the traction boards.

That's a pretty cool idea, hadn't seen that yet. I'd be curious to see how you can mount the hi-lift jack and the traction boards as well. I'm assuming it'll fit behind the cab. That's my only available area at this point since I have the swing cases. I'm also debating just using the Loc-Rac that hi-lift sells.

1652795760395.png

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
BUILTRIGHT
Don't even waste your time doing anything else. Unless you only have like, two things.

I bought a set so both sides of my truck bed carries my axe, shovel, tire trax, fishing pole, tackle, and a spare ass whooping.

Although I do like those bed rack setups, I have the swing cases so I can't use them.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Curious on why you went with a high lift instead of an Eagle jack. Or are you using the hi-lift for as a come-a-long?

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Curious on why you went with a high lift instead of an Eagle jack. Or are you using the hi-lift for as a come-a-long?

I like the versatility of the hi-lift. I have tube bumpers and rock sliders that I could pick the truck up on, and also have the hanger that allows me to grab the wheel and pick it up from there as well. I also like the ability to use it as a come-a-long, but there's many other things it can be used for as well when camping.