Hi-Lift jack install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep, they are cases that fit on the sides behind the wheel wells and swing towards the tail gate. I keep ratchet straps, recovery gear, tools, etc. in them.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got the bed re-sprayed, mounted the hi-lift lock brackets and jack, and attached the jack plate and wheel chocks onto the jack. Pretty happy with the setup as if I need to remove all it for something I can just unlock the jack, open the clamp, and take the jack with the accessories out of the bed. Only thing now is finding something to do with the traction boards. I may just end up leaving them in the bag and let them hang out in the bed, or just keep it with the spare tire in the shop. Haven't decided.

Attachments

• PXL_20220517_213144655.jpg
    PXL_20220517_213144655.jpg
    340.8 KB · Views: 126
  • PXL_20220517_213150649.jpg
    PXL_20220517_213150649.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 126
  • PXL_20220517_213156564.jpg
    PXL_20220517_213156564.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 128

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
If you take one of the swings out, you can use the RPG set up. Maybe the stuff from the case can fit under the rear seat? That's where I have most of that stuff. Then load in a big tote with the missing items for adventures.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got the bed re-sprayed, mounted the hi-lift lock brackets and jack, and attached the jack plate and wheel chocks onto the jack. Pretty happy with the setup as if I need to remove all it for something I can just unlock the jack, open the clamp, and take the jack with the accessories out of the bed. Only thing now is finding something to do with the traction boards. I may just end up leaving them in the bag and let them hang out in the bed, or just keep it with the spare tire in the shop. Haven't decided.

Dude that is sick man...
How much did that set you forward?

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you take one of the swings out, you can use the RPG set up. Maybe the stuff from the case can fit under the rear seat? That's where I have most of that stuff. Then load in a big tote with the missing items for adventures.

Both swings are actually completely full of stuff. Idk about you, but I don't like filling my interior with ratchet straps, zip ties, duct tape, etc. etc. etc. I actually use the space under my rear seats for dogs, kids, and transporting stuff I don't want in the bed.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Those swing boxes really take up so much bed space for what you get out of them. About everything you have in them can be mounted to the builtright cargo panels and gain truck bed space.
View attachment 355041
View attachment 355042
View attachment 355043

Not really, I can't mount duct tape, zip ties, ratchet straps, snap straps, safety vests, hi-lift accessories, etc. etc. to those panels. Also, those swing cases can easily be popped out in case I need the bed space, I can't do that with racks with equipment on them. To me those bed panels are great if you don't really use the truck to haul stuff in the bed. Most of the guys I see that have them never put anything in the bed of the truck like brush, furniture, etc.