Hi-Lift jack install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dude that is sick man...
How much did that set you forward?

Which stuff specifically? The swing cases are like 200 a side, and the hi-lift jack with the plate, lock-rac brackets, and chocks were like 250-ish I wanna say, plus some hardware. Bed was already Line-X'd previously, but was a bit faded, so I just re-sprayed with satin black VHT roll bar and chassis. Took like 4 cans.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Both swings are actually completely full of stuff. Idk about you, but I don't like filling my interior with ratchet straps, zip ties, duct tape, etc. etc. etc. I actually use the space under my rear seats for dogs, kids, and transporting stuff I don't want in the bed.

No worries. Was just an idea.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No worries. Was just an idea.

Totally understand. Generally I try to keep my interior "open" as it's the place people and the dogs are gonna be and I don't want to have to move things around in it. With having space open under the back seats I can put dog beds in when we go on trips and they can lay down. Also, sometimes I transport large items in the cab that I don't want in the bed, and being able to fold the seats up provides a ton of floor room for that. My buddy that has a similar truck has the bed racks, and he just has shit everywhere in his interior and it feels cramped because there is utility stuff everywhere.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Not really, I can't mount duct tape, zip ties, ratchet straps, snap straps, safety vests, hi-lift accessories, etc. etc. to those panels. Also, those swing cases can easily be popped out in case I need the bed space, I can't do that with racks with equipment on them. To me those bed panels are great if you don't really use the truck to haul stuff in the bed. Most of the guys I see that have them never put anything in the bed of the truck like brush, furniture, etc.
There are numerous ways to strap and mount things to the Builtright racks. I have a 30' x 4" tow strap, fire extinguisher, machete etc. nicely hung on my racks with Velcro straps. As far as hauling things I just hauled 8 timbers 8' x 6" x 6" with my truck and didn't have to take a thing off to do it. For off roading a shovel, axe and high lift jack are a must, oh I have those on my racks too!

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Which stuff specifically? The swing cases are like 200 a side, and the hi-lift jack with the plate, lock-rac brackets, and chocks were like 250-ish I wanna say, plus some hardware. Bed was already Line-X'd previously, but was a bit faded, so I just re-sprayed with satin black VHT roll bar and chassis. Took like 4 cans.
The swing cases are very nice.

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are numerous ways to strap and mount things to the Builtright racks. I have a 30' x 4" tow strap, fire extinguisher, machete etc. nicely hung on my racks with Velcro straps. As far as hauling things I just hauled 8 timbers 8' x 6" x 6" with my truck and didn't have to take a thing off to do it. For off roading a shovel, axe and high lift jack are a must, oh I have those on my racks too!

If I'm going off roading I'll be taking the Milwaukee chainsaw, not an axe. lol The snap strap, winch rope, tree strap, etc. are all in the Swing case as well. I have a folding shovel in the Swing case as well. Best part about the folding shovel is you can use it as a toilet.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What did you use to mount your jack to the panel?

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
What did you use to mount your jack to the panel?
I got a Jepp hood jack mount on Amazon and bolted that to the rack. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XGTCJKZ/?tag=fordraptorforum-20
I used some stainless steel hardware with locking nuts for the mounts and their hardware for the jack to mounts.
RaptorPanel.jpg
This picture show Velcro straps holding handle down but I have since added a rubber handle block a long with the Velcro straps. Been mounted since March of 2021 and solid without any rattling noises from the jack.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a Jepp hood jack mount on Amazon and bolted that to the rack. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XGTCJKZ/?tag=fordraptorforum-20
I used some stainless steel hardware with locking nuts for the mounts and their hardware for the jack to mounts.
View attachment 359011
This picture show Velcro straps holding handle down but I have since added a rubber handle block a long with the Velcro straps. Been mounted since March of 2021 and solid without any rattling noises from the jack.
Damn. Nicely done! Adding this to my project list

OP
OP
C

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Updated pictures of my setup with the Softtopper installed. The ratchet straps over the traction boards aren't pulling on the frame, they're just tight against the boards. I like that the swing cases are still very easy to access, and the hi-lift jack, offroad plate, and the wheel chocks are out of the way. I did a test as well on how long it would take to completely empty the bed and remove the Softtopper and it was only about 10 minutes. Basically I can go from loaded up to a completely empty bed in 10 minutes which is awesome. At this point I'm looking at other setups to see if there's anything else I'd want to add besides a fire extinguisher. There's a folding shovel in one of the swing cases, and if I'm gonna be going anywhere that I need to cut up wood I've got the Milwaukee M18 chainsaw.

Attachments

• PXL_20220731_212511410.jpg
    PXL_20220731_212511410.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 19
  • PXL_20220731_212518015.jpg
    PXL_20220731_212518015.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 19
  • PXL_20220731_212523126.jpg
    PXL_20220731_212523126.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 19