Helping stick people in sands gave me a click!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
gentelmen,

if you don't wanna read the story I leave a PS down there.

first of all excuse my weak english cause it's my 2nd or maybe 3rd language. lets go to topic 2 weeks ago I got a call from a friend that had an accident in farms way which is 50 min away from my location, so I started my rig and leaving there to find my friend crashed with a stick van and there was another GMC fully loaded with woods stick beside them too. there was sand all over the street that you can't even see the asphalt at all. I pull my friend out by revers and it was easy pull so I thud if I got the expedition out, I thud it will be nice to help the GMC guy too cause he was planning to help my friend while I was on the way, so I took a place in front of the GMC and tried to pull it out with the Low 4x4 first and the raptor dig in the sand and tranny temp was 109C which is high for me so I turned off the raptor and start removing the sand around my tiers and I get the tiers air off too I got the tier presser down too 15's tried again and the transmission temperature goes for 100's so quicker than I thud we stopped again and took a the sand away and tried again and finally I took him out. well I moved to the police station cause of my friend accident and I got another call that there is a family stuck in sand 5 miles away so "Superman" accept the challenge and I went to help them car was a lumina s and tahoe LTZ I tried to pull the tahoe and I stick for the first time and tried the H 4x4 and I pull the tahoe and both of us pulled the lumina.

IF YOU DON'T WANNA READ THE DRAMA UP THERE READ HERE:

On my way home I noticed a click while am on the highway when I removed my feet from the sletor I feel it in the middle between the driver and the passenger seats and when I step again on it I feel a strange push coming from back. looks like the car heaver than it was.

NOTE: while pulling the guys I feel a huge shake from the raptor that made me stop twice just to make sure everything is fine.

what do you think is that? anyone faced the same issue?

best,
Mubarak.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like things got a little hot! You may want to check your trans for damage and have your IWE's checked. If it's clicking you broke something. IWE's are cheap. Transmissions are not.

Good luck!!! No good deed goes unpunished......

OP
OP
baro0k@eXtermination
Reaction score
Sounds like things got a little hot! You may want to check your trans for damage and have your IWE's checked. If it's clicking you broke something. IWE's are cheap. Transmissions are not.

Good luck!!! No good deed goes unpunished......

IWE I'll check them and I know transmissions aren't cheap just got one for my Z06 XD but I would love you to recommend a good tranny if mine is damaged I may go with TT kit.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Damaged drive shaft or u-joints? 4x4 low has extreme torque , you could break a lot of things if not careful. In deep sand i drive around in 4x4 low and 2nd or 3rd gear trans temps read normal temps. Very easy on gas pedal

yeah that what I used to do in KSA but this was the first time ever I pull a stick cars from sand and thats why I thud the low is better than the high but I shifted for the first and I lets the RPM goes up to 4k

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont think its trans temp. i just had my trans get really hot. i got a warning message saying my truck was reducing power to avoid damage and to cool down.

OP
OP
baro0k@eXtermination
Reaction score
i dont think its trans temp. i just had my trans get really hot. i got a warning message saying my truck was reducing power to avoid damage and to cool down.

god bless you if the truck gave that message cause until now am not sleeping trying to search and read about that things happen to me here and there, I was thinking that the rig didn't give any message as soon as it shows there is a low tier without telling which one is low presser. LOL