help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

az speed

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2011 Raptor, within 1 month I am having a problem.
The engine will not rev past 4200 rpm or shift through the gears if I am at wide open throttle , if I back off to 70% throttle it will climb through the rpm range. It acts like a torque limitier but why would this all of the sudden just start out of the blues?

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Taken it back to the dealer yet? If it's still under warranty that's the first thing I'd do. Is it throwing any codes at all?

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
could it be the my key truck app. i have read some where on here about that. where it will limit rpm and speed. or shifting am not sure. may research that. may try the other key. just a suggestion. jack

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check your air filter, might have some blockage, also ya always if it still under warranty take to the dealer.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
could it be the my key truck app. i have read some where on here about that. where it will limit rpm and speed. or shifting am not sure. may research that. may try the other key. just a suggestion. jack

sounds very much like the myKey app. Dealer warned me about it, told me to just say no, as it sucks.

OP
OP
A

az speed

Reaction score
I will be a little more specific,
Its not a dirty air filter/dirty mass air/low on fuel, ect.
It has aftermarket stainless headers and a k&n filter
I was just wanting to see if anyone had experienced the same problem and could give me some feed back.
Ford was giving me a hard time due to the headers and air filter so I put the stock air filter back in and confirmed there was no oil from filter on mass air meter,the headers are staying.
Therefore I am trying to resolve the problem without going back to dealer and playing the blame game.
I suspect it may be in the My key also.
Thanks for all of your feedback, I do appreciate the help.

By the way there are no codes

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really sounds like MyKey, put your other key in and there should be a way to disable