Help with suspension rub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sooo in geometric theory think of your rear suspension like a right triangle, when you increase b (the height from axle to frame) and do not change a or c the axle will be pulled “forward” a hair. Under articulation those factors are multiplied. So I would recommend a different leaf pack which may help. Or some traction bars. As the axle moves up the trac bar will force the axle to maintain the appropriate distance

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Sooo in geometric theory think of your rear suspension like a right triangle, when you increase b (the height from axle to frame) and do not change a or c the axle will be pulled “forward” a hair. Under articulation those factors are multiplied. So I would recommend a different leaf pack which may help. Or some traction bars. As the axle moves up the trac bar will force the axle to maintain the appropriate distance

Going to try a YouTube video here of the articulation so everyone can see what I'm experiencing. I believe I want to be able to pull the suspension 'back' a bit as opposed to forward so that it won't rub on the forward end of the fender well. Also, fyi, it's only on the driver's side where the shock is canted 'forward'. Passenger side rear, where the shock is canted towards the rear, seems fine.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Going to try a YouTube video here of the articulation so everyone can see what I'm experiencing. I believe I want to be able to pull the suspension 'back' a bit as opposed to forward so that it won't rub on the forward end of the fender well. Also, fyi, it's only on the driver's side where the shock is canted 'forward'. Passenger side rear, where the shock is canted towards the rear, seems fine.

That’s just wheel offset bro. Basically you have the tire pushed out “too” far and it’s not clearing the fender as designed. Two options: get a lesser offset wheel, or buy fiberglass bedsides.

my opinion, buy bigger bedsides and through on 39” tires because f yeah!

but honestly how often are you really cranking that much one wheel travel?

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
That’s just wheel offset bro. Basically you have the tire pushed out “too” far and it’s not clearing the fender as designed. Two options: get a lesser offset wheel, or buy fiberglass bedsides.

my opinion, buy bigger bedsides and through on 39” tires because f yeah!

but honestly how often are you really cranking that much one wheel travel?

Hoping for a different solution as I love the Venom wheels and the truck is already wide enough to make certain trails impassable without scraping the !@#$ out of my new rig. Surprisingly, it does not take much articulation to get it to rub.

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A shock type bumpstop kit might keep it from traveling so far. But I don’t know if they’re compatible with a 4” block. When you are rubbing in the video are you on the stock bumpstop

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
A shock type bumpstop kit might keep it from traveling so far. But I don’t know if they’re compatible with a 4” block. When you are rubbing in the video are you on the stock bumpstop

I'll have to double-check whether the BDS lift kit came with it's own bumpstops or if the truck still sports the factory ones...