Help with suspension rub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello all, first post though have enjoyed lurking for awhile. As you can see from my signature, I have the common disease (not COVID!!) of not being able to leave a perfectly good truck stock (or any of my other vehicles for that matter). I recently discovered while attempting to traverse Imogene Pass from Telluride to Ouray, CO that the driver's side rear tire rubs the front of the plastic suspension liner when articulated. I replaced the factory hex-head bolts securing the liner to the metal bed frame with flat-head bolts, but I still get some rubbing. Have contemplated cutting the fender liner for clearance (aesthetics are important, so not so sure about this route) and it's been suggested to have a couple of wedge-shaped spacers for the leaf spring support blocks fabricated, the result of which would move the drivetrain further toward the rear by ~1/2 - 3/4" of an inch. This would solve the clearance problem, but just wondering if anyone has experienced this issue and has been able to come up with a good solution. I have a pic, and and a video, of the rubbing during articulation but every time I try to attach them, Safari crashes :emotions122: In any case, thanks in advance for any sage advice!!

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pics...pics...we want nudes!!!

welcome to the place. Post up some pics so we know exactly what you are experiencing

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have stock leaf springs with a 4” block? What are you running for bumpstops. Are you running 0 offset on your 37’s.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello all, first post though have enjoyed lurking for awhile. As you can see from my signature, I have the common disease (not COVID!!) of not being able to leave a perfectly good truck stock (or any of my other vehicles for that matter). I recently discovered while attempting to traverse Imogene Pass from Telluride to Ouray, CO that the driver's side rear tire rubs the front of the plastic suspension liner when articulated. I replaced the factory hex-head bolts securing the liner to the metal bed frame with flat-head bolts, but I still get some rubbing. Have contemplated cutting the fender liner for clearance (aesthetics are important, so not so sure about this route) and it's been suggested to have a couple of wedge-shaped spacers for the leaf spring support blocks fabricated, the result of which would move the drivetrain further toward the rear by ~1/2 - 3/4" of an inch. This would solve the clearance problem, but just wondering if anyone has experienced this issue and has been able to come up with a good solution. I have a pic, and and a video, of the rubbing during articulation but every time I try to attach them, Safari crashes :emotions122: In any case, thanks in advance for any sage advice!!

gen1 or gen2?
Tire size?
Factory suspension?

a little confused where you are referred to rubbing

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
gen1 or gen2?
Tire size?
Factory suspension?

a little confused where you are referred to rubbing
My 'kit' should appear in my signature line if I set everything up right in the forum. Gen2, factory suspension, except for 4" BDS lift, stock leaf springs with 4" block, 37" mud terrains on 20" wheels, 0 offset

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is there some trick to being able to post pics and/or videos? My whole browser crashes when selecting 'upload a file'. Grrr...
For video you’ll likely need to upload to your preferred “*tube” and add the link. For pics I have never had any issue. Even from the phone. Have you tried just copy and pasting into the text box?

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
For video you’ll likely need to upload to your preferred “*tube” and add the link. For pics I have never had any issue. Even from the phone. Have you tried just copy and pasting into the text box?

Great, that seemed to work! Pics of truck in Big Sky, MT a few weeks ago...
IMG_4094.jpeg

IMG_4097.jpeg

IMG_4095.jpeg

IMG_4096.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts