Help with horrible steering noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hole Shot

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I definitely would go Rock Auto but we don't have one this part of the world :) Thank you for part #. Do you know is the upgraded any better?

You wont be able to find the D part number anywhere, even rebuilt. I've looked. But a cheaper option is buy a 135" rack. They fit just fine and you can get them rebuilt at about any autoparts store for around $500 without a core. Then send your rack in for rebuild and reinstall it and keep the 135" rack for a backup. I installed the F P/N rack in my truck just before I drove my truck throug the trees and totaled it so I dont know how much better it really was. It only had about 1800 miles on it before the truck was totalled. But your looking at aroound $1200 from a dealer without a core. I dont know what they changed in the rack itself.

OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
I believe the difference between the screw and scab racks are a slightly different steering ratio.